Great for a side dish or appetizer, these Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries are full of bacon and cheesy goodness! Easy to make! #baconmonth #putsomepiginit
Back to school has been stressful. Getting back into a routine has been harder than I thought it would be. Enter, Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries. I’m not gonna lie, I totally wanted something indulgent after the week I had. Don’t judge.
I’m not sure why, but I have always found potato dishes to be a source of comfort food to me. Mashed potatoes with gravy? Yes, please! Potato chips?! I’ll take those too! Hashbrown Casserole? I might need two spoons of that. Baked Potatoes? Don’t forget the butter, sour cream and chives! Maybe it comes from having so many potato dishes as a kid? I’m really not sure.
One thing is for certain … these Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries kinda made my day. They were easy and super delish. Thanks to having some help eating them, I even saved a few calories! 😉
Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries
Great for a side dish or appetizer, these Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries are full of bacon and cheesy goodness!
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen french fries
- cheese sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For the cheese sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the french fries according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour. Cook and continue to whisk for a minute. Slowly add the milk. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens slightly - about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese until completely melted and thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries:
- After the fries come out of the oven, immediately drizzle with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with bacon. Drizzle with sour cream. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 887kcal Calories from fat 530|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 59g||91%|
|Saturated Fat 25g||125%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway while you’re here!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: