I have the perfect way to use up those candy canes – White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn! Perfect for gift giving or holiday snacking!
So your tree is down, and your Christmas decorations are packed away until later this year … and you have a few candy canes with no idea of what to do with them! I have the perfect way to use up those last few candy canes laying around your house – White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn!
If you’re anything like me, you buy too many boxes of candy canes (every.single.year!!) My kiddos like all the fun flavored ones …. like raspberry, blueberry, cherry, War Heads (super sour ones) , chocolate mint … and you can easily use those flavors instead of the peppermint flavored ones, if you prefer.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
This White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn is an inexpensive gift idea for the holiday season. It also makes a great last-minute gift since it’s so quick and easy to put together.
Or maybe you would rather keep it for yourself! It makes a great winter treat for movie watching! I’d suggest serving it with a hot mug of cocoa! 😉
To change things up, sometimes I drizzle melted dark chocolate over the popcorn before I add the crushed peppermint. It’s so yummy!!
If you enjoy peppermint, be sure to check out these posts:
- Peppermint Meringues
- Peppermint Bark
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Holiday Peppermint Cake
- No-Churn Peppermint Chip Ice Cream
Looking for more holiday treats? Check these out:
Connect with Love Bakes Good Cakes!
If you would love a peek behind-the-scenes … check out my Instagram.
Don’t miss a single recipe!
Follow us on social media:
- 10-12 cups air-popped popcorn
- 10-12 oz. White Chocolate candy melts
- 2 (or more) candy canes, crushed
- Spread enough waxed paper out onto the counter to hold all of the popcorn.
- Place the popcorn in a bowl large enough to stir the popcorn. Set aside.
- Melt candy disks according to package directions. Drizzle over the popcorn and stir to coat. Sprinkle with half of the crushed candy canes; stir.
- Spread the mixture out onto the waxed paper and sprinkle with remaining candy cane pieces. Allow the popcorn to cool completely. The chocolate will re-harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
For a fun twist, drizzle melted chocolate candy disks over the popcorn before topping with candy cane pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1838Total Fat: 94gSaturated Fat: 55gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 231gFiber: 13gSugar: 168gProtein: 26g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.
Originally published on January 7, 2014. Republished on November 23, 2019.