Strawberry Shortcakes with Lemon Cream Sauce – This classic Strawberry Shortcake dessert gets a delicious flavor boost with the addition of Lemon Cream Sauce! It’s the perfect pair! #strawberries #lemon #Spring #Summer #dessert
I love Strawberry Shortcake – it’s my favorite warm weather dessert besides ice cream! 🙂 I look forward to Spring every year – and I wait in anticipation for the first strawberry crops to start hitting the stores! This dessert makes me thing of warm days with cool breezes. While traditional Strawberry Shortcake is good, the addition of lemon cream sauce sends it over the top! Try some today!
Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Cream Sauce
Strawberry Shortcakes with Lemon Cream Sauce - This classic Strawberry Shortcake dessert gets a delicious flavor boost with the addition of Lemon Cream Sauce! It's the perfect pair!
For the strawberry filling
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the shortcakes
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Additional sugar, for topping (if desired)
For the lemon cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix strawberries and with the ½ cup of sugar. Let stand for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, cut the shortening into the flour, 2 tbsp. sugar, baking powder and salt until the mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk just until blended.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead 20-25 times. Roll out into ½-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. floured biscuit cutter. Place shortcakes about 1-inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with additional sugar, if desired. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the lemon curd and heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Split shortcakes horizontally. Place shortcake bottoms on serving plates. Top with lemon cream sauce and strawberries. Replace tops. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 522kcal Calories from fat 213|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 24g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: