Curb that cookie craving with this recipe for one Giant Peanut Butter Cookie with Chocolate Chunks! A few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes are all that separate you from cookie bliss!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Table of contents
Thick Peanut Butter Cookies
When I feel really stressed, I often go into a baking frenzy. Without a second thought, I will bake 10-15 things in a day. It helps me take my mind off of whatever is bothering me, and I often find it therapeutic to take my frustrations out on ingredients!
Recently, my mother-in-law had surgery. She was going to be just fine, but it still made me nervous (as I think it would for anyone)! While we were waiting for word on how she was doing, I baked. A lot.
This recipe for giant peanut butter cookies is just one of many recipes I made that day. Tons of big cookies came out of the oven! And I consider them lucky in a way because she came out of surgery just fine, even if that was the expected outcome.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for a stressful time to make these big, big cookies, they taste good no matter what! And they make for great gifts, too!
Make one for your favorite people on their birthdays or during the holidays … they’re sure to love this cookie recipe! Enjoy!
Bakery-Style Cookies: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Giant Peanut Butter Cookie with Chocolate Chunks recipe, you’ll need …
- all-purpose flour – flour gives baked goods, like these cookies, their texture.
- vanilla extract and salt – these two ingredients bring out the other flavors in a cookie.
- sugar, brown sugar – for sweetness, of course!
- egg, and butter – these act as a “binder” that holds all your ingredients together!
- baking soda – this will help your cookies rise and become a little puffy!
- creamy peanut butter, chocolate chunks – well, you can’t have giant peanut butter cookies without these!
- baking sheet, parchment paper – for baking your cookies, of course!!
- large mixing bowl – for making your dough.
How to make Giant Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
First, prep your supplies. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Next, mix your sugar and wet ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until they’re well combined. Add your egg and vanilla, again mixing until well combined. Stir in the peanut butter.
After that, add your dry ingredients. Throw in your flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well, then add the chocolate chunks and mix those in.
Finally, bake and enjoy your cookie! Scoop your dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown and the cookie is cooked through. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to your cooling rack. After that … serve ‘em up!!
Giant Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks: FAQs
This makes one big cookie!!
Absolutely. If you just want a batch of these instead of making one giant cookie, feel free to half it, etc. It still works!
It takes about 5 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes to bake them. They’re a quick and tasty little treat!
You can keep baked cookies at room temperature for about 3-4 days before they get stale. Be sure to use an airtight container! Alternatively, they can be frozen for a month or so, but I guarantee you’ll definitely scarf this down before then. 😉
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Stir in peanut butter. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Add the chocolate chunks and mix until well combined.
- Scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown and the cookie is cooked through.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
You can omit the chocolate chunks if you prefer just a regular ol' peanut butter cookie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet (150 Sq. Ft Total)
15-Inch Nonstick Baking Sheet
Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 6g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on March 30, 2016. Updated on January 6, 2023.