Chicken Enchilada Soup
This soup is reminiscent of the Chicken Enchilada Soup you'll find at Chili's.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 1 cup masa harina (harina de maiz or maseca)
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 can (10 oz. each) enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and/or cooked tortilla strips - for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook chicken in oil with 1/4 tsp. chili powder, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper until well browned on all sides. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in the same pan until onions are translucent. Add the chicken broth.
- In a large bowl, whisk masa harina and 2 cups of water until well blended. Pour into the pot with the remaining 1 cup of water, enchilada sauce, salt, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and cheese. Reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes or until soup is slightly thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 314kcal Calories from fat 134|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|