Peanut Butter Blossoms are a timeless and classic cookie – A peanut butter cookie topped with a chocolate Hershey Kiss. A must have on holiday cookie trays!
We have a little over a week until Christmas. How did that happen? I’m mostly done with shopping – I just need to focus on getting my house in order! 🙂 Of course, with four kiddos at home, that’s a never-ending job!
Some of you may have heard that I recently participated in a blogger “Secret Santa.” I was truly stumped as to what to send someone I really only know online. I was paired up with Britni from Play. Party. Pin. I mean, I know her, but I don’t “KNOW” know her. Do you know what I mean?! I have no idea what she likes, what she has or what she may need/want. I’m a practical gifts kind of person. Of course, I stalked her blog for ideas, but I was totally at a loss. I really hope she likes what I sent! She actually received two packages from me – one being her actual present and another box that had a Christmas card and these cookies! She noted in the form that these cookies are her fave – and I can do cookies! I’m sure you’ll enjoy them too – which is why I’m sharing them with you! 🙂
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Blossoms are a timeless and classic cookie - A peanut butter cookie topped with a chocolate Hershey Kiss. A must have on holiday cookie trays!
- 45-50 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Additional granulated sugar, for rolling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer until well combined. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, if desired. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow to cool on the pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 124kcal Calories from fat 68|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: