This Funfetti Pound Cake is THE cutest idea for any party or gathering you’ll find! A dense vanilla pound cake with spots of rainbow sprinkles inside (topped with glaze and even MORE sprinkles) will bring a smile to anyone’s face.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Table of contents
I love all cakes, y’all, but there’s nothing like a good pound cake. Isn’t it almost magical how they manage to be dense yet totally fluffy all at once?! And the glaze, to die for! (A traditional pound cake always has a glaze. Who am I to knock tradition?)
All in all, you can probably tell I’ve been craving pound cake lately. Ha! For a few recent birthdays, I’ve made this Funfetti Pound Cake. It’s easy and pretty hands-off, and it results in a vanilla pound cake with rainbow sprinkles both inside and on top of the cake. It’s SUPER cute, too!
Get ready to indulge in a deliciously satisfying slice of happiness! Enjoy!
Funfetti Pound Cake: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Rainbow Sprinkle Cake recipe, you’ll need …
For the cake:
- cake flour – not all-purpose if you can help it. You definitely want the texture that cake flour provides this time around!
- vanilla extract – a touch of extract always brings out the flavors in a cake (or any other baked good).
- eggs – these bind together your cake batter.
- cream cheese, unsalted butter, and granulated sugar – these ingredients comprise the rest of your cake batter.
- sprinkles – rainbow-colored ones, for that colorful and cute Funfetti effect!
For the glaze:
- powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract – these three ingredients make a simple glaze you can use for anything!
- sprinkles – optional, to mix into the glaze or sprinkle on top of it once the cake is done.
- bowls – for making the batter.
- bundt pan – grease it down to bake your cake!
How to make Funfetti Pound Cake
First, prep your supplies. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set it aside.
Second, make your batter. In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until it’s smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add the flour and mix until well combined. Stir in the vanilla, and finally, fold in the sprinkles.
Third, bake your cake. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake it for one hour. Test the cake with a toothpick inserted near the center to test if it comes out clean. (Depending on your oven, you may need to bake the cake for up to 20 minutes longer. Keep an eye on the cake and check it often, y’all!)
Fourth, let the cake cool. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Finally, make your glaze and enjoy! Once the cake has cooled, make the glaze by stirring together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 tbsp. of the milk. (Add more milk if a thinner glaze is desired!) Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and immediately top it with extra sprinkles. Let glaze set before serving, and then gobble that cake up!
Funfetti Pound Cake: FAQs
This recipe takes about an hour and a half, but a lot of it is hands-off. In fact, only about 15 minutes is actual prep time.
You can slice this cake to make up to 16 servings!
Don’t overmix your ingredients! That’s the most important thing to keep in mind. If you do, your pound cake will certainly feel like it weighs a pound. No one wants a brick of Funfetti!
You can use any type of sprinkles in Funfetti Pound Cake, but confetti sprinkles work best because they don’t bleed into the batter, and they provide a nice pop of color.
Funfetti Pound Cake can last up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
Of course, this cake is delicious on its own, but you can serve it with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh fruit, or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce for an extra special treat.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Funfetti Pound Cake
Try this Funfetti Pound Cake if you're looking for a delightful dessert to please any sweet tooth! This cake is perfect for any occasion with its soft buttery texture and colorful confetti sprinkles.
For the cake
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow-colored confetti sprinkles
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional sprinkles (for garnish), optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and mix until well combined. Stir in the vanilla. Fold in sprinkles.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for one hour. Test the cake with a toothpick inserted near the center to test if it comes out clean - you may need to bake up to an additional 20 minutes, depending on your oven. (Note - keep an eye on the cake and check the cake often if it needs to cook longer).
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, make the glaze by stirring together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Add more milk if a thinner glaze is desired. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and immediately top it with extra sprinkles. Let glaze set before serving.
- You can use any type of sprinkles in this Funfetti Pound Cake, but confetti sprinkles work best because they don't bleed into the batter, and they provide a nice pop of color.
- Funfetti Pound Cake can last up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cake Stand With Dome (6 Uses)
11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Bundt Pan with Handles, 12 Cup
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 0gSugar: 56gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Leave a Reply