This Chocolate Pound Cake is a good recipe to have on hand for when that craving strikes. It’s super simple to make, and you probably have everything to make it!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Chocolate Pound Cake
If I am completely honest with y’all, too many times I find myself staring into my refrigerator or pantry looking for something chocolate to eat. I’ll also admit that too many times I have resorted to eating chocolate chips because I couldn’t find anything …. tell me you’ve been there before, too?!
One of the things I love most about this Chocolate Pound Cake recipe is that I always have all of the ingredients on hand to make it. If you’ve ever found yourself looking for an easy chocolate fix, this is it! I’m going to guess that you probably have all of the ingredients to make this too – and it’s fairly simple to make!
Although we often serve this as is, sometimes, we feel fancy and serve it with ice cream or berries with fresh whipped cream.
If you would like, you can also sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top before baking.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp.) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine the sour cream and buttermilk.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Beat to combine. Add the sour cream mixture. Mix well. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 79mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Originally published on January 8, 2014. Updated on April 25, 2021.