What’s your favorite summer fruit? Mine is definitely peaches! I love them and look forward to them all year! Growing up in Northern Florida, meant fresh Georgia peaches were always close in the summertime!
I haven’t been doing the Lady Behind the Curtain dessert challenges lately. I have had too many other things going on and I kept forgetting about it until it was too late …. but not this month! I told my bloggy friend, Linda from With A Blast, that I would be back this month – and since the theme was Peaches and Cream, I knew I had to be back and take part in this challenge! 😉
I wanted to keep this dessert fairly easy – and quick! Most of y’all know that I’m not about being complicated. You can have dessert in about 15 minutes with this recipe!
If you prefer Angel Food Cake over Pound Cake, I think it would be just as great! If you love peaches like I do, be sure to check out all of the other great recipes created for this challenge in the linky party below!
Summer Peaches with Caramel & Pound Cake
What's your favorite summer fruit? Mine is definitely peaches! I love them and look forward to them all year! Growing up in Northern Florida, meant fresh Georgia peaches were always close in the summertime!
- 1 (10 oz.) Pound Cake loaf (I found mine in the bakery section)
- 4 large, ripe but firm peaches, pits removed and fruit cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- Homemade Caramel Sauce (you can use store bought if you prefer)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, optional
- Slice the Pound Cake into 8 equal slices. Place on individual plates.
- Place a large metal bowl and whisk in the freezer while you prepare the peaches.
- In a medium pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the peaches. Cook and stir until the peaches begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the brown sugar and stir well. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes or until the brown sugar is completely melted and is fully incorporated. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the bowl and whisk from the freezer. Whip cream until stiff peaks are about to form. Add the vanilla and sugar and continue to beat until peaks form. Do not over beat!
- Place some of the cooled peaches evenly on top of the pound cake slices. Drizzle with desired amount of Caramel Sauce. Add a dollop of the fresh whipped cream. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 335kcal Calories from fat 197|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
If you’re interested in joining the challenge or want to find out more about it, be sure to stop over at Sheryl’s place!
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved