With the Summer Peaches with Caramel & Pound Cake, this dessert is fairly easy, and quick! You can have dessert in about 15 minutes!
Summer Peaches with Caramel & Pound Cake
What’s your favorite summer fruit? Mine is definitely peaches! I love them and look forward to them all year! Growing up in Northern Florida, meant fresh Georgia peaches were always close in the summertime!
I haven’t been doing the Lady Behind the Curtain dessert challenges lately. There has been too many other things going on and I kept forgetting about it until it was too late …. but not this month! I told my bloggy friend, Linda from With A Blast, that I would be back this month. Since the theme was Peaches and Cream, I knew I had to be back and take part in this challenge! 😉
I wanted to keep this dessert fairly easy, and quick! Most of y’all know that I’m not about being complicated. You can have dessert in about 15 minutes with this recipe!
If you prefer Angel Food Cake over Pound Cake, I think it would be just as great! If you love peaches like I do, be sure to check out all of the other great recipes created for this challenge in the linky party below!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 (10 oz.) pound cake loaf (I found mine in the bakery section, but you may find it in the freezer section)
- 4 large, ripe but firm peaches, pits removed, and fruit cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- homemade Caramel Sauce (you can use store-bought if you prefer)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon, optional
- Slice the pound cake into 8 equal slices. Place on individual plates.
- Place a large metal bowl and whisk in the freezer while you prepare the peaches.
- In a medium pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the peaches. Cook and stir until the peaches begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the brown sugar and stir well. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes or until the brown sugar is completely melted and fully incorporated. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the bowl and whisk from the freezer. Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks are about to form. Add the vanilla and sugar and continue to beat until peaks form. Do not overbeat!
- Place some of the cooled peaches evenly on top of the pound cake slices. Drizzle with the desired amount of caramel sauce. Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 147mgFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
Originally published on August 8, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.