These Chicken Burgers with Bang-Bang Sauce make for a mouthwatering meal with the perfect flavor and texture blend. Ideal for a family dinner or a get-together with friends.
Table of contents
Chicken Burgers Recipe
Chicken Burgers with Bang-Bang Sauce is a culinary delight that brings gourmet burgers to a new level of taste and sophistication. If you’re in the mood to explore gourmet burgers recipes without spending hours in the kitchen, this dish is for you!
The chicken burgers patties are a standout feature of this meal. Prepared with ground chicken, panko bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, and other savory ingredients, the patties sizzle to perfection on the grill pan or cast-iron skillet. The patties’ texture is firm yet tender, and the taste is a delightful balance of flavors that leaves you craving for more.
But what truly sets these gourmet burgers apart is the tantalizing Bang-Bang Sauce. Composed of mayo, sweet chili sauce, a dash of franks red hot, crushed garlic, and sea salt, this sauce adds an exhilarating zing to the burger. It’s a taste explosion that elevates the burger to an entirely new culinary experience.
The combination of the Chicken Burgers patties with the Bang-Bang Sauce is complemented by fresh Roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of black pepper. Add some Swiss cheese, and you have a burger that tantalizes the taste buds and satisfies the most discerning palate.
Serve these gourmet burgers on a fresh onion bun with a side of crisp romaine lettuce, and you have a dish that’s perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a backyard barbecue. Each bite is a fusion of flavors and textures that is sure to please even the most demanding gourmet burger enthusiast.
Whether you’re a fan of gourmet burgers or just looking for something new to try, these Chicken Burgers with Bang-Bang Sauce should be on your menu!
Chicken Burgers: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Chicken Burgers, you will need …
- Roma tomato, red onion, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and ground black pepper – these are the fresh salsa ingredients that make this burger recipe pop.
- ground chicken, panko bread crumbs, egg, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, paprika, and Swiss cheese – the ingredients for the burger part of the recipe.
- mayo, sweet chili sauce, franks red hot, garlic, and salt – the Bang-Bang Sauce ingredients.
- Romaine lettuce and onion buns – for serving.
- two small and one large mixing bowl – to combine ingredients.
- grill pan or grill plus spatula – for grilling the burgers.
How to make Chicken Burgers
Prepare the salsa. Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Prepare chicken patties. Combine all of the chicken patty ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Form the mixture into a ball and divide it into 4 equal sections. Form each section into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
Prepare the pan. Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
Prepare the Bang-Bang Sauce. While the pan is heating, prepare bang bang sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Set aside.
Cook the burgers. Spray the grill pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Place the chicken patties onto the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Flip over and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cheese slices to the tops of each patty and cook for 2 more minutes. Check to be sure the internal temp of the chicken patties has reached 165°F before removing them from heat.
Toast the buns. Lightly spray the buns with canola oil, or brush with olive oil. Place the buns cut side down onto the grill pan over medium-high heat and toast until golden brown.
Assemble the sandwich. Place a slice of romaine lettuce onto the bun, then top with a chicken patty and salsa. Brush bang bang sauce onto the top bun. Serve immediately.
Chicken Burgers: FAQs
You can use other sauces like barbecue, honey mustard, or spicy mayo. The Bang-Bang Sauce adds a unique flavor, but feel free to customize the gourmet burgers to your taste.
Chicken patties should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
You can substitute the panko bread crumbs with gluten-free alternatives and use gluten-free buns to create gluten-free gourmet burgers.
Yes, the patties can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for a day or two, or frozen for up to a month. Just be sure to cook them to the proper temperature when ready to eat.
These gourmet burgers pair well with side dishes like French fries, coleslaw, grilled vegetables, or a fresh garden salad.
Yes, a cast-iron skillet or a regular frying pan will work just fine. The cooking times in the gourmet burgers recipe should remain the same.
Absolutely! Adjust the spiciness by adding more or less franks red hot or other hot sauce. You can also add a mild chili sauce for a less spicy version.
Being careful not to overcook the patties and following the gourmet burgers recipe closely will help keep them juicy. Ground chicken thigh meat may also result in a juicier patty.
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the salsa
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the chicken burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tespoon paprika
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
For the Bang-Bang Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon franks red hot
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Romaine lettuce slices
- 4 onion buns
- olive oil or butter, for toating the buns
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add ground chicken, remaining panko bread crumbs, egg, onion, cilantro, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and paprika to a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Form the mixture into a ball and divide it into 4 equal sections. Form each section into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating, prepare the Bang-Bang Sauce by whisking the mayo, sweet chili sauce, franks red hot, crushed garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- Spray the grill pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Place the chicken patties onto the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the patties over and cook for 2 minutes. Add cheese slices to the tops of the patties and cook for 2 more minutes or until the burgers are cooked through. Check to be sure the internal temp of the chicken patties has reached 165°F before removing them from heat.
- Lightly brush the buns with olive oil. Place the buns cut side down onto the grill pan over medium-high heat and toast until golden brown.
- Place a slice of romaine lettuce onto the bun, then top with a chicken patty and salsa. Spread the Bang-Bang Sauce onto the top bun. Place the top bun on the sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also use a cast iron skillet if no grill pan is available. The same cooking times will apply. Or, if using a grill, cook the patties for 4-5 minutes per side or until the burgers are cooked through. Check with a meat thermometer that the middle reaches 165°F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Basting Brush (Orange), Set of 2
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Contemporary Self-sharpening 20-piece Knife Block Set
Cutting Board Set, 15-Inch by 20-Inch by 1/2-Inch, Assorted Colors
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Cast Iron Square Grill Pan with Lid - Large 12” Grilling Pan with Glass Lid - Lightly Pre-Seasoned Cookware Gets Better with Use
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 785Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 1247mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 44g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.