This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackYourSnack #CollectiveBiasThese Cheesy Mediterranean Egg Rolls make a great appetizer or snack idea!
I have a Mediterranean stuffed chicken recipe that my family loves! It’s one of those things I want to make for the blog, but the times I have made it, I either forget to take pictures or the food doesn’t last long enough to take pictures! You would think I was feeding a pack of ravenous wolves! Just an FYI – Farm Rich launched a very special recipe contest on August 1st with the winner receiving a $10,000 prize! You can help pick the winner! Read through the post for more information!
The other day I needed a snack idea and I wondered if I could get the same flavor in an egg roll? Yes, these are the kinds of things I think about! I opted to leave out the chicken, although you could certainly add some if you want to. These Cheesy Mediterranean Eggs Rolls were just as much of a hit as the Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts that I make! I have to be honest, though, making the egg rolls seemed a bit easier than trying to stuff chicken breasts and going through the entire process of coating them and baking them! I did get some help from Farm Rich by using their Mozzarella Sticks! I love that the mozzarella sticks will remind you of having a crumb-coated chicken breast without all of the work!
You’ll need to head to the frozen section at your local Walmart and pick up Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks. And don’t forget to stop in the fresh produce section and grab some fresh basil!
You’ll also need egg roll wrappers (in the produce section), kalamata olives (or black olives) and a jar of roasted red peppers to make this recipe. Oh, and don’t forget the oil for frying! That’s it! Seriously, easy!
Remember I mentioned the Farm Rich Back Your Snack contest page?! Be sure to check out the list of stores where you can find the upcoming demos and vote for on the semi- finalists on 9/19 and 9/20, and the finalists on 10/9 and 10/11. Voters will also be entered into a sweepstakes, the details are on the rules page. Readers can also search for stores near them to vote by entering their zip code on this page. When voting in-store, you can opt into a drawing for one of the Sweepstakes Prizes as well! There will also be 5 winners in the voters “sweepstakes.” The Sweepstakes Prize is a prize pack containing all of the following items: a tote bag, a meat thermometer, grilling tongs, an oven sheet, an oven mitt, $50 worth of Farm Rich product coupons and a $50 Walmart Gift Card. The ARV of each Sweepstakes Prize is $140. Total ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes is Seven Hundred Dollars ($700.00).
Just a quick side note, you don’t need to worry about thawing the Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks before making the egg rolls – just go ahead and roll them up frozen! They cook up perfectly when you fry them in the egg rolls! One of these days, I will get that recipe for those Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts on the blog, but until then, enjoy this Cheesy Mediterranean Egg Rolls recipe that uses the some of the same “stuffing” ingredients! Enjoy!
- 10 Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers in olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh basil
- Oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a large skillet to about 375°F over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, and fresh basil. Set aside.
- Lay out one egg roll wrapper with a corner pointed toward you. Place one Farm Rich Mozzarella Stick on each egg roll wrapper. Add about 2 teaspoons of the red pepper and olive mixture to each egg roll. Fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of water on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack.
- Put on a serving plate and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 907mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g
I showed you how my family enjoys Farm Rich products to create a unique snack hack, how would you use Farm Rich products to create a unique snack hack?
Other Posts You May Enjoy: