Looking for a new, delicious appetizer or dinner idea? Try these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Blue Cheese Dip. They’re perfectly spicy with a cool, tangy dip. Yum!
Table of contents
Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Blue Cheese Dip
You can never go wrong with chicken, y’all. Not with grown-ups or kids, and even my vegetarian and vegan friends like the tofu chicken. It’s just good, whether it’s the real thing or not!
And much like pizza, I have to admit; there’s really no such thing as bad chicken to me. It’s a perfect any-time food!
In the LBGC house, we’re big fans of buffalo chicken in any form we can make it. One of my favorite quick dinner recipes is my Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. I can literally throw them together in no time, and my family devours them!
For an occasional weeknight dinner, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs might make an appearance. Meatballs are always fun, and they are especially yummy.
Of course, I have Buffalo Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Dip for good measure. I feel like everyone NEEDS those recipes on hand!
So, of course, I always like sharing a few new chicken recipes a month with y’all. And if I can throw in some buffalo flavoring with it … all the better!
This recipe is for Buffalo Chicken Bites with Blue Cheese Dip! It’s a great appetizer for a party or game day, or you can enjoy it as a dinner recipe.
Just imagine snackable, addictive buffalo chicken, breaded and dipped in homemade blue cheese sauce. Out of this world, y’all! And so easy to make in your air fryer, too!
Everyone’s favorite chicken recipe takes on a new form with these Buffalo Chicken Poppers! Bite-sized appetizers with blue cheese dip? Absolutely irresistible! They’re suuuper addictive, so you better watch out!! 😉 Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Bites with Blue Cheese Dip: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Blue Cheese Dip recipe, you’ll need …
For the poppers:
- chicken – shredded and cooked.
- Frank’s Red-Hot Buffalo Sauce, ranch dressing, garlic powder, black pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and scallions – all together, combined with the shredded chicken, these make the tasty inside of your poppers!
- all-purpose flour, eggs, panko breadcrumbs – these ingredients are to bread your chicken mixture.
For the dip:
- mayo, sour cream – the base of your dip. These two ingredients give the dip its consistency.
- blue cheese crumbles – nothing pairs with buffalo chicken better than blue cheese!
- hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, lemon juice, garlic – the rest of your blue cheese dip. These ingredients give it a savory bite!
- cookie scoop – to roll the chicken mixture into 2” balls. (Not technically necessary, but this makes it REALLY easy!)
- bowls – for making your chicken mixture, breading it, etc.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Blue Cheese Dip
First, make your chicken mixture. Combine the chicken, Frank’s Red-Hot Buffalo Sauce, ranch, garlic powder, black pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and scallions in a large bowl. Chill the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then use a cookie scoop to roll the mixture into 2” balls. Set all this aside.
Second, bread the chicken mixture. Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
Third, fry your chicken poppers. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line the basket with parchment paper. Place the breaded poppers in the air fryer basket, leaving a little space between the poppers so they cook evenly. Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit, turning the poppers halfway through. Cook in batches until all of the poppers have been cooked.
Finally, make your dip and enjoy! While the poppers are cooking, prepare the blue cheese dip. Combine all of the dip ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined. Serve the buffalo chicken poppers with the blue cheese dip, and enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Blue Cheese Dip: FAQs
This should make enough for about 36 delicious Buffalo Chicken Poppers!
The entire recipe takes under an hour, believe it or not! Prep time is 15 minutes, chilling time is about 30 minutes, and cooking time is another 10 minutes. It’s a fast dinner, family snack, or appetizer!
I know some folks out there might want to cut it out to save time, buuuut … I highly recommend it so the chicken mixture holds together while you bread it.
Yes! You will want to bake them in a preheated 360°F oven for about 10-12 minutes, turning the poppers about halfway through the baking time.
Of course! My homemade Ranch Dressing is a pretty tasty alternative!
Store any leftover poppers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days. I recommend reheating the poppers in the air fryer so they stay nice and crispy (I feel like the breading can get mushy if reheated in the microwave). The blue cheese dip should also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will also keep for about 5 days.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Blue Cheese Dip
Indulge in these Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Blue Cheese Dip - they're a great appetizer or dinner idea! Spicy, tangy, and a crowd-pleaser!
For the poppers
- 2 lbs cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup Frank’s Red-Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
For the Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine the chicken, Frank’s Red-Hot Buffalo Sauce, ranch, garlic powder, black pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and scallions in a large bowl.
- Chill the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into 2” balls (I like to use a cookie scoop) and set aside.
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes.
- Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line the basket with parchment paper.
- Place the breaded poppers in the air fryer basket, leaving a little space between the poppers so they cook evenly.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 360°F, turning the poppers halfway through. Cook in batches until all of the poppers have been cooked.
- While the poppers are cooking, prepare the blue cheese dip by combining all of the dip ingredients in a large bowl and mixing until well combined.
- Serve the buffalo chicken poppers with the blue cheese dip, and enjoy!
- I really recommend chilling the chicken mix for about 30 minutes so don't skip this step! This helps everything hold together, so it’s a lot easier to roll in the breading mixtures.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Breading Trays Set - 3 Stainless Steel Pans
Medium Cookie Scoop
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Silicone Kitchen Tongs 2 Pack (9-Inch & 12-Inch)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 popper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 509mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Leave a Reply