This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BaconDoneWright #CollectiveBias
These Bacon Bombs are the perfect cheesy snack or appetizer idea! They’re so popular, you better make plenty! Easy recipe! #BaconDoneWright
Y’all, I am getting soooooo excited! Thanksgiving is just a little more than a week away – and I can’t wait! I have been working on getting everything ready – and I have even painted some rooms in our house. I know, it’s not typically what people do in preparation for Thanksgiving, but it’s something I have been putting off and it was a good enough reason to finally tackle that project! I just love the color change …..
Since we will be enjoying our Thanksgiving feast in the late afternoon, I wanted to find a few things I could serve earlier in the day to tide people over until mealtime. My Garlic & Herb Cheese Bombs are always such a hit that I wanted to see if I could make a spin-off recipe – and since Wright® Brand Bacon was on sale at Fry’s ($8.99 sale price – $12.99 regular price!), I decided to make Bacon Bombs …. you are welcome!
I love that Wright® Brand Bacon has thicker, heartier slices with a rich, robust flavor! Not to mention, I love that it comes in 1.5 lb. package sizes – plus Wright® Brand Bacon uses the best cuts of premium meat, hand-selected and hand-trimmed.
I know these Bacon Bombs are going to be a hit on Thanksgiving – and it’s a good thing I picked up a few packages of Wright® Brand Bacon to put in the freezer! I may need to make another trip to Fry’s to stock up on more ingredients for these Bacon Bombs – because they really are the bomb!
If refrigerated biscuits are not available where you live, check out my recipe for Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits! For each bomb, you will need slightly more biscuit dough than it takes to cover the cheese and bacon so you can make a good seal – meaning, the cheese won’t leak out everywhere!
- 2 cans (7.5 oz. each) refrigerated biscuits
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 8 slices Wright® Brand Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Pizza sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Separate biscuits. Place one cube of cheese in the center of each biscuit. Top with a heaping teaspoon of bacon. Carefully wrap the biscuit dough around the cheese and bacon and seal. Place seam side down about an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- While the biscuits bake, mix the butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder together and set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush with butter mixture. Serve warm with pizza sauce, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 344mgFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Be sure to check out more delicious bacon recipes at WrightBrand.com. I’d love to hear about your favorite bacon recipe!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: