My Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a simple and delicious dinner recipe! This is an easy recipe for chicken quesadillas with a kick!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Got any leftover chicken? What do you do with it? Personally, one of my favorite things to make with leftovers is quesadillas … and when I have leftover chicken, I like to make these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas in particular! They’re great for lunch or dinner, but you may end up wanting to devour them during breakfast, too. They’re just that good! ?
Not to mention, these chicken quesadillas are SUPER quick and easy! They’re perfect for those times when you’ve had a long, long day and you don’t have the energy to put together a massive, complicated meal for yourself or your loved ones. No judgment! It happens! Rather than pulling out the microwavable meals, though, you can cook up this filling dish.
Adding that buffalo flavor, too, makes these quesadillas even more special than the usual chicken variety. I love normal chicken quesadillas, but sometimes you just want a zesty, spicy flavor … you know? These are not intensely spicy but have enough of a zing to get you to notice them. SO good!
Recipe for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- shredded, cooked chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken works well if you have it!)
- buffalo sauce (or more to taste)
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- burrito-sized tortillas
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Celery sticks, for serving (optional)
How To Make Chicken Quesadillas
You’re going to love how simple these instructions are!
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, and cheese.
- Divide the mixture onto 4 tortillas, spreading as evenly as possible on half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half with the empty side covering the filling.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place quesadillas onto the griddle without overcrowding – you may need to work in batches! Cook until the bottom is slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip the quesadilla over using a spatula. Continue to cook on the other side until slightly browned.
- Remove from the heat. Repeat with any remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch and celery sticks.
Chicken Quesadillas: Questions & Answers
If you have questions about these buffalo chicken quesadillas, I have answers! Take a look at this section before leaving a comment if you run into trouble.
- Can you freeze and/or refrigerate these?
Yes!! They will stay good in the fridge for about 3 days, and freeze well for about 4 months. Just grab them when you want to chow down again and reheat them on the stove.
- Can you use other cheeses besides Monterey Jack?
Mozzarella and gouda both taste really great in this recipe.
- Do you recommend store-bought or homemade buffalo sauce?
Either is fine! Of course, store-bought buffalo sauce is faster and takes less effort, and I really like keeping this recipe super quick. But if you’re a maven at making buffalo sauce … pull out your favorite recipe and have at it!!
- Can you use this recipe with other sauces (or leave out the sauce entirely)?
Absolutely! You can use barbeque sauce, for example. But I must recommend the buffalo sauce. It truly makes these quesadillas pop!!
- What do you recommend for side dishes?
These are SO filling so you may not even need a side dish! But if you’re still hungry, I recommend something light, such as a salad, or something vegetable-based. You can see all the side dishes I’ve posted on the blog here. Maybe you’ll find some inspiration!
How did you like this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas?
Easy as all get-out, right? Any good, filling, home-cooked meal you can throw together without much effort is a win in my book! (Especially when it involves chicken!!) Comment down below: how did this recipe turn out for you? Do you have any questions about the chicken quesadillas? Let me know, and I’ll try to help you out!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (or more to taste)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large burrito-sized tortillas
- Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Celery sticks, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, and cheese. Divide the mixture onto 4 tortillas, spreading as evenly as possible on half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half - with the empty side covering the filling.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Place the quesadillas onto the griddle without overcrowding - you may need to work in batches. Cook until the bottom is slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip the quesadilla over using a spatula. Continue to cook on the other side until slightly browned. Remove from the heat. Repeat with any remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve with Blue Cheese or Ranch and celery sticks.
Change things up by switching out the cheese! Mozzarella and Gouda are great in this recipe!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 379mgFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 36g
Originally published on July 17, 2013. Updated on May 28, 2020.