With only four ingredients and no baking required, these S’mores Cracker Cookies may be the easiest fix of chocolate and marshmallow you can get! If you’re not a camper, don’t fret because these cookies capture the same wonderful taste of s’mores over a fire.
Table of contents
Desserts with Ritz Crackers
Are any of you out there camping/outdoorsy types?! I don’t get out as much as I’d like, I’ll admit, but one thing that can always tempt me is the thought of making s’mores. There’s nothing like roasted marshmallows and chocolate and crackers late at night, especially if you’ve been hiking or walking a long, loooong nature path!
When I start dreaming of s’mores at home, though, this recipe, in particular, comes in handy, and it will for you, too.
These S’mores Cracker Cookies are chocolate-dipped Ritz crackers with a marshmallow creme filling. They’re easy to make and a unique addition to any party or get-together … or a fun after-dinner dessert for the whole family.
Though, honestly? I may eat the next batch I make all myself! Ha!
Chocolate fans rejoice … I have yet another new cookie recipe for you, and it’s this one! Enjoy!!
S’mores Cracker Cookies: Ingredients & Equipment
To make these S’mores Cracker Cookies, you will need …
- Ritz crackers and marshmallow creme – these two ingredients comprise the cookie part of the recipe.
- chocolate almond bark – you’ll melt this and dip your cookies into it for a fantastic chocolatey-marshmallowy treat! Make sure you melt it evenly in 30-second intervals or so since you want to avoid the chocolate clumping together.
- crushed graham crackers, marshmallow bits, and mini chocolate chips – optional toppings for your yummy s’mores cookies!
- tongs – for dipping your cookies.
- bowl – to melt your chocolate.
- wax paper – to hold your cookies before and after they’ve been dipped in the chocolate.
How to make S’mores Cracker Cookies
These unique cookies are a cinch to put together.
First, melt the chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate almond bark, in 40-second intervals, until it’s completely melted.
Second, assemble your s’mores. Next, place the Ritz’s crackers on a long sheet of wax paper and add a small dollop of marshmallow crème to the center of half the crackers. Finally, place another cracker on top of the marshmallow crème. Press the crackers together, ensuring the marshmallow crème has been distributed evenly.
Third, dip the cookies in chocolate. Use tongs to grab a cracker sandwich and dip it into melted chocolate. Carefully tap tongs on the side of the bowl to remove extra chocolate from the crackers. Place the dipped cracker onto the wax paper.
Finally, add toppings and enjoy! Sprinkle graham cracker crumbles, tiny marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips on top of the cookies, if you want! Then allow the chocolate to harden and chow down.
S’mores Cracker Cookies: FAQs
You can store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 to 7 days, but they definitely won’t last that long!!
You can. Get regular-sized marshmallows and cut them in half. Place the halves on the Ritz crackers and bake them in the oven for about a minute or two at 350°F. When they start to melt, you’re good to go!
Believe it or not, I actually recommend the Ritz brand specifically for this recipe. Usually, I’m all about saving money with other non-name brands … but Ritz crackers don’t break as easily as other brands.
Absolutely!! If you’re big into mint, vanilla, or any other flavor, you can add the extracts after you’ve melted the almond bark.
Since we’re using 48 Ritz crackers, this will make 24 Ritz-sized cookies. You may want to make multiple batches if you’re planning on having a party or something similar!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 48 Ritz crackers
- 7 oz. marshmallow crème
- 24 oz. chocolate almond bark
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- marshmallow bits (optional)
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate almond bark, in 40-second intervals, until completely melted.
- Place the Ritz crackers on a long sheet of wax paper.
- Add a small dollop of marshmallow crème to the center of half the crackers. Place another cracker on top of the marshmallow crème. Press crackers together, ensuring the marshmallow crème has been distributed evenly.
- Use a fork or candy tongs to grab a cracker sandwich and dip it into melted chocolate. Carefully tap the fork on the side of the bowl, removing extra chocolate from the crackers.
- Place the dipped cracker back onto the wax paper. Immediately sprinkle graham cracker crumbles, tiny marshmallows, and/or mini chocolate chips on top of the cookies, if desired.
- Allow the crackers to set on the wax paper until the chocolate rehardens.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 to 7 days.
- I highly recommend purchasing Ritz Crackers for this recipe. They do not break as easily as the other brands.
- Make sure not to add too much marshmallow crème onto the crackers. The crème will spread, and you want to keep it in the center of the cracker to avoid mixing the crème into the melted chocolate almond bark.
- Top each S’mores Cracker Cookie with crumbled graham crackers, marshmallow bits, and/or mini chocolate chips to really bring out the s’mores taste in every bite.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.