This Slow Cooker Mediterranean Pot Roast is a slight twist on the typical pot roast but no less tasty. In fact, it’s full of Italian flavor and delicious veggies like onions, tomatoes, and black olives. Serve it with some garlic mashed potatoes for a filling meal!
Table of contents
Crockpot Pot Roast
Ever have a week where it’s hard to tell apart the days?! I have a few weeks like that scattered around the winter season. I think because it gets dark so early and stays dark so late into the morning, you know?
Weirdly enough, it’s why recipes like this one come in handy. They break up the days because they’re so memorable!
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Pot Roast is just a little bit different than your average roast, with all the yummy Italian flavors you could ever want. Don’t just serve up that same old pot roast … do something different and delicious! 😍
I typically serve this with garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans. This recipe is easily one of my favorites and one I love to share with company!
I’ve had so many requests for this recipe over the years – including my own parents! I’m so excited to finally be able to share it with all of you, too!
If normal pot roast just isn’t cutting it, or you’re in the mood for some new flavors, this recipe will definitely do the trick!!
My family really enjoys this one, and I know yours will, too. Make those winter days count!!
Move over, Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast – there’s a new flavor in town! Enjoy!
Mediterranean Pot Roast: Ingredients & Equipment
To make this Crock Pot Pot Roast, you’ll need …
- beef broth – the core of your pot roast, of course. Later on, you can also use some of the broth to make a quick skillet gravy, too!!
- beef chuck roast – boneless. You’ll want about 3 lbs for a 4-quart slow cooker.
- salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic – these are your seasonings for the roast. The Italian seasoning, in particular, really brings out the Mediterranean flavors!
- onions, black olives, tomatoes – your veggies! If you don’t like or, for some reason, can’t find black olives, you can also use Kalamata olives.
- slow cooker – all you’ll need to make this recipe. No other tools are required. Isn’t that nice?! 😉
- skillet – this is COMPLETELY optional, but … for even more flavor, you can sear the roast in a skillet with about 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat on both flat sides. When it’s browned, you can add it to the slow cooker. Of course, this isn’t necessary but it does kind of bring it to the next level.
How to make Slow Cooker Pot Roast
First, prepare your chuck roast. Put the beef broth and the roast in the crock of a slow cooker. (You’ll want something at least 4 quarts or bigger!!) Then sprinkle the roast with salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
Next, add your veggies and cook the roast. Spread the tomatoes, olives, and onions over the top. Cook the roast on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. You’ll know it’s done when the beef is easily shreddable with a fork!
Finally, gobble down that pot roast! Make sure to serve the beef with some of the veggies from the slow cooker. They aren’t just there for flavor! 😉
Italian Pot Roast: FAQs
This should make 6 servings, more or less. Enough for the whole family to have at least a plate full!
The cooking time is between 3-10 hours, depending on the temperature setting you use. HOWEVER … like most slow cooker recipes, this is no-fuss, no-drama, no “standing around in the kitchen for hours.” There are 10 minutes of prep time, then you set it and forget it. It may take a while to cook, but I still consider it a very easy dinner because I can prep it in the afternoon and have it done for the evening!
This recipe should still work out just fine with brisket or even a lamb roast. You’ll want something that has some fat “marbling” on it!
Other recipes you may enjoy
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Pot Roast
This easy Slow Cooker Mediterranean Pot Roast is full of Italian flavor and delicious veggies like onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives.
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup pearl onions, peeled
- Place the beef broth and chuck roast in the crock of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Evenly spread the tomatoes, olives, and onions over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours (HIGH for 3-4 hours) or until the beef shreds easily with a fork.
- Serve the beef with some of the tomatoes, olives, onions, and juices from the slow cooker.
- Kalamata olives can be used in place of black olives.
- For even more flavor, consider searing the roast in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat on both flat sides until browned before adding it to the slow cooker.
- I love to serve this roast with garlic mashed potatoes! This combination of flavors is soooo good!!
- If desired, you can use some of the broth after cooking the roast to make a quick skillet gravy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 699mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 57g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Leave a Reply