This Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast is the easiest and most delicious pot roast you’ll ever make! This popular recipe is FULL of flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This is a sponsored post for Challenge Dairy. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
It’s hard to believe a few simple ingredients can create such a simple and delicious meal! This zippy and fall apart-tender dish will easily become a family favorite!
If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, you’re in for a real treat!! Dust off your slow cooker and let’s make dinner!
Why I choose Challenge Butter
I believe good ingredients help take a recipe from being just an “okay recipe” to being a recipe everyone has to have. Using quality ingredients is not something I feel you should skimp on.
You will always find Challenge Butter in my fridge and freezer! I like to stay stocked up for any kind of baking day that comes my way – or in this case, dinner! 😉
Did you know, Challenge is the only dairy product company that controls the whole process when it comes to making its butter – from milking the cows to transporting the milk, to making the butter, and to packaging it?! It’s also made the right way – the old-fashioned way! With no hormones, additives, or fillers and farm to fridge in just TWO days. Challenge Butter is a taste you’ll love – my family does!
A cooperative of California family-owned dairies founded more than 100 years ago, Challenge is proud to sell its products NATIONALLY. To find retailers near you, visit www.challengedairy.com/where-to-buy.
Recipe for Mississippi Pot Roast
- chuck roast
- dry Ranch dressing mix
- dry au jus gravy mix
- Challenge butter, cut into slices
- pepperoncini peppers
How to make Mississippi Pot Roast
Time needed: 8 hours and 10 minutes.
How to Make Mississippi Pot Roast
Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker.
Sprinkle the dry Ranch dressing and au jus packets evenly over the top of the roast.
Place the butter and pepperoncini peppers evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook.
Cover with a lid and cook on LOW heat for 8-10 hours (HIGH heat 4-5 hours) or until the meat shreds easily with two forks.
Just before serving, discard any large fatty pieces, if desired.
Serve the shredded meat with juices from the slow cooker, if desired.
Mississippi Pot Roast: FAQs
If you have any question or if you would like some suggestions before you get started, here are a few things you should know:
Sure! Try this recipe with chicken or pork!
Serve this pot roast recipe with mashed potatoes (my personal favorite), rice, or noodles. To keep this recipe a low-carb option, try it over mashed cauliflower or with cauliflower rice!
If you like, you can add some of the juice from the pepperoncini peppers for extra flavor.
For an easy all-in-one-meal, you can add potatoes and carrots to be cooked with the meat.
How did you like this pot roast recipe?
Isn’t the easiest and most delicious pot roast you have ever tasted? I would love to know how it turned out for you. If you have any questions, please leave a comment! I would be happy to help out. If you enjoyed the recipe, I would love for you to leave a comment, too! I always love hearing your feedback!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Sauerbraten Beef in Gingersnap Gravy
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
- Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs
- Hot Roast Beef Sandwich with Gravy
- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet (1 oz.) dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet (1 oz.) dry au jus gravy mix
- 6 Tablespoons Challenge butter, cut into slices
- 6-8 pepperoncini peppers
- Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the dry Ranch dressing and au jus packets evenly over the top of the roast.
- Place the butter and pepperoncini peppers evenly over the top.
- Cover with a lid and cook on LOW heat for 8-10 hours (HIGH heat 4-5 hours) or until the meat shreds easily with two forks.
- Discard any large fatty pieces, if applicable, before serving.
- Serve the shredded meat with juices from the slow cooker, if desired.
- Serve with mashed potatoes (my personal favorite), rice, or noodles. To keep this recipe a low-carb option, try it over mashed cauliflower or with cauliflower rice!
- If you like, you can add some of the juice from the pepperoncini peppers for extra flavor.
- For an easy all-in-one-meal, you can also add potatoes and carrots to be cooked with the meat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 1856mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.