I have come to the conclusion that I don’t use my slow cooker enough. One of my resolutions this year, is to use it more. I believe that using a slow cooker makes life easier … but for some reason, I don’t utilize this tool enough!
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 pkt. beef-flavored Swanson flavor boost
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 medium red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Combine the stew meat and flour in a large resealable bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat the meat with flour.
- Add 2 tbsp. of oil to a skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown on all sides. Remove from the heat and add the beef to a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-6 hours. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 630mgFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 50g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved