This Best Ever Beef Stew is a perfectly seasoned, comforting, hearty dish full of tender beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, and savory broth! Your family will come running for dinner!
Is there anything better or more comforting on a cold day than a nice big bowl of soup or stew?! While Phoenix doesn’t necessarily have the weather and temperatures like other parts of the country, let me assure you, that anything below 75 degrees is considered cold when you live in the middle of the desert and are used to temperatures well over 100 degrees most of the year!
While I am used not someone who gets cold easily – I have had to kick the heat up in the house a bit because I have been freezing cold!! I’m blaming it on el niño! I don’t know about you, but I love, love, love making soup when the weather is cold and this Best Ever Beef Stew is a family favorite! My family comes running when they know this is on the table!
It’s not often that we have the same food or recipe more than once every couple of months …. or longer. Really, it’s nothing of us to have a dish once or twice a year. Yes, once or twice a year – never to be seen or heard of again until next year! This Best Ever Beef Stew really is the best. It’s so comforting and hearty – and the perfectly seasoned broth makes you want to slurp it up! Not only have I been craving this dish, but I have been wanting it so bad that we’ve had it every week in December! Believe me, that doesn’t happen very often!
I love serving this Best Ever Beef Stew with The Best Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits. Mmmmm. It makes me hungry all over again for this stew just thinking about it!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg. (1.5 oz.) Beef Stew Seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 8 cups beef broth
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and stir the stew meat for 4 minutes. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir and continue to cook until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in the flour, stirring well to combine.
- Add the Beef Stew seasoning mix, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and bay leaves. Mix well. Add the potatoes and beef broth. Stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cover with a vented or tilted lid. Allow to simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Slow cooker version:
- Place stew meat in 6-qt slow cooker. In a small bowl combine the flour, beef stew seasoning, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Add the Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic, bay leaf, onion, potatoes, carrots, celery, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 609mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g
We love this Best Ever Beef Stew when the temperatures start dipping – what dish do you love?! Feel free to leave your answer in the comments!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: