This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
For an easy and hearty dinner, serve this Rustic Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions on hoagie rolls, over pasta, or as is.
When it comes to the taste palates of the Love Bakes Good Cakes family, we are a varied bunch. You kind of expect that with six people. Some of us prefer food with a Mexican flair. Others prefer Asian influences. And we have a couple who love all things Italian. However, one thing we all agree on is good food, period. This Rustic Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions recipe is good and oh, so simple!
You can have dinner on the table in about half an hour with this Rustic Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions recipe. Sometimes, we eat it just as it is – sausage with peppers and onions. Other times, we serve it on hoagie rolls, My favorite is when we put it over pasta. I’m a carb lover … don’t judge. ?
So many of my dinner recipes call for a bit of olive oil. Over the years, I tried so many varieties. One of the things I look for when selecting olive oil is I want something from Italy … I mean, they’re known for their olive oil, right?! Next, I want a rich flavor profile that can be used for cooking or finishing off a dish.
I’ve been trying several of the HemisFares products at my local Fry’s store. When I needed olive oil, I wanted to give it a try. Everything I have tried so far has exceeded my expectations – and you can add HemisFares Olio di Oliva Extra Vergine to that list.
HemisFares Product I used:
- Find No. 48 – HemisFares Olio di Oliva Extra Vergine
If you’ve never heard of HemisFares brand, it is unlike any other! With individually sourced, crafted and imported products from the country of origin and sealed with a unique “find number,” HemisFares is all about bringing the absolute best from a country back to your local Kroger family of stores.
For the Sausage with Peppers and Onions
- 2 tbsp. HemisFares Olio di Oliva Extra Vergine
- 5-6 Italian sausage links
- 3 bell peppers, assorted colors, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon (or beef broth)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Warm hoagie rolls or cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausages. Brown on all sides (they will not be cooked through), turning occasionally. Remove the sausages to a plate and set aside.
- Increase the heat to high. In the same pan, add pepper and onion slices. Cook, stirring occasionally until the peppers begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the red wine and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the wine reduces by about half, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes. Place the sausages back into the skillet. Cover and cook until the sausages are cooked through and the peppers and onions are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve as is, on Hoagie rolls, or over pasta!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 913mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Don’t forget to pin it!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: