This Italian Sausage & Alfredo Pasta Bake is a simple, easy, and economical recipe option that your family will love!
Italian Sausage & Alfredo Pasta Bake
Many of you know that I love Mexican food ….. Brian on the other hand, loves Italian food. Lucky for him, Italian would be my second choice! 😉
This recipe is so easy to make and is fairly economical. You could add other veggies if you’d like, but usually, I like to keep it pretty simple. I like to keep my veggies “noticeable” in this dish, however, feel free to make them smaller if you want.
A simple meal the whole family will love!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound penne (or other pasta)
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce (or use homemade Alfredo sauce)
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces Mushrooms, chopped
- 4-6 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown and crumble the sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain. Set the sausage aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter. Saute the red onion and bell pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl (or the same pan the pasta was cooked in), combine the pasta, sausage, veggies and Alfredo sauce. Mix well. Spread evenly into the prepared 9x13-inch pan. Top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 848Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1705mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g
Originally published on May 22, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.