I enjoy making homemade bread. Probably as much as my family likes eating it! 🙂 There is something so comforting about bread making. I find the process almost therapeutic. I won’t lie, sometimes, I rely on my handy dandy bread machine to help me out a little in the mixing and rising. I have never figured out how the exact same bread baked in the bread machine comes out heavy and dense ….. but taken out of the bread machine, it’s light and airy? Anyone out there have the same problem? Personally, I do not like my bread baked in the machine – so I use the dough only setting 99.5% of the time.
I ran across this recipe a few years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. I loved the idea of Apple Bread, but hated the idea of baking it in the bread machine. The dough is a little sticky to work with, so be sure to flour your work surface fairly well. The end result is well worth the effort, I think.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped, peeled apples
- 3/4 cup warm juice
- 1/4 cup warm applesauce
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing and add 1-2 tbsp. water or flour if needed.
- Just before turning the dough out, grease a rimmed cookie sheet and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a floured surface. (Dough will be sticky). Roll dough into a rectangle, dusting with flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting on the long side. Fold ends under and pinch seams to seal. Place dough on prepared cookie sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 20 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1670Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 1353mgFiber: 25gSugar: 33gProtein: 53g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Featured at Couponing and Cooking
Don’t forget to link up YOUR Soup Recipes HERE
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved