Get the party started with this Boozy Strawberry Margarita Poke Cake! Margarita mix and instant pudding amp up a boxed cake mix to become your new favorite summer dessert!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Boozy Strawberry Margarita Poke Cake
This cake is intended for adults 21 years old and older. Please eat responsibly! ?
I authored a poke cake book. Carrying on with more poke cake recipes, I’m so excited to share a new Boozy Strawberry Margarita Poke Cake recipe with y’all today.
What is a poke cake?
One of the most common questions I’m asked is, what is a poke cake? A poke cake is a baked cake that has holes “poked” in it. The holes are then filled with more yumminess – like jello, pudding, sweetened condensed milk, or some other filling. The sky is the limit with the flavor combos you can make!
I’ve gotta tell ya. This cake recipe is the perfect cake for summer! This particular poke cake starts with a strawberry cake filled with and topped with juicy red strawberries, lime zest, and margarita drink mix, MmmmMmmm!
Although I think this is the perfect summer party cake, it would also be great for a girl’s night – or anytime you want something with a little sumthin’ sumthin’ with your cake. ? And don’t think this cake is just for summer. Heck, I could see myself eating this in the middle of winter, to be honest. You can’t put boundaries on margaritas and cake.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 box (15.25 - 18.25 oz.) strawberry cake mix, prepared as directed on package instructions
- 1 cup Ready to Drink Jose Cuervo Strawberry Lime Margarita, divided
- 1 box (3.5 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 ounces strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Strawberry slices, for garnish
- Bake cake according to package instructions using a 9x13-inch baking pan. Allow to partially cool on a wire rack.
- Poke holes all over the cake with a fork or wooden skewer.
- Pour 1/2 cup Jose Cuervo Drink Strawberry Lime Margarita over the holes in the cake, allowing it to soak up.
- In a medium bowl, mix together vanilla pudding mix with the milk and the remaining 1/2 cup of Jose Cuervo Strawberry Lime Margarita. Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the cake.
- Fold the strawberries and lime zest into the whipped topping. Spread mixture over the top of the cake.
- Garnish with lime and strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 246mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g