When time is short, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. Am I right?! When life gets super busy, I like to have meals that I can prepare in advance and pop it in the oven right before dinner. As tempting as hitting the drive-thru is, it gets expensive and home-cooked meals just taste better in my opinion (and are better for you!) Plus, with the holiday’s approaching – quick meals are almost a necessity. This is also great for company because it’s easy to double (and will feed a bunch of people) – I just use my roasting pan when I double this. If you want an easy, no-fuss clean-up, use aluminum pans that can be thrown away!
Meaty Pasta Bake
When time is short, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. Am I right?! When life gets super busy, I like to have meals that I can prepare in advance and pop it in the oven right before dinner.
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) pasta noodles
- 3/4-1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3-5 oz. pepperoni slices, quartered
- 1 jar (24-32 oz.) spaghetti sauce, or more to taste
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9x13-in. baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to pasta directions and drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble the Italian sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain and return to the pan. Add spaghetti sauce and pepperoni slices. When the pasta has been cooked and drained, add it to the pan with the spaghetti sauce. Mix well. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Top mixture with Mozzarella cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the dish is heated through and the cheese is melted.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 798kcal Calories from fat 392|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 44g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Don’t forget to like, share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved