Sausage & Potato Bake is an easy and economical meal that can easily be changed to accommodate any family size. It’s so good too!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Sausage & Potato Bake
This is one of my go-to meals when I need something without a lot of fuss. It’s economical and can easily be adjusted to feed numerous people. Sometimes, I like to add different seasonings. This particular version is a very basic recipe. Feel free to add a red bell pepper …. or some carrots! Served with a side salad and a roll, this makes a satisfying meal! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does!
- 1 lb. rope sausage, cut into 2-in. sections
- 4-6 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 3 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Combine all of the ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal the bag and turn to coat, making sure everything is coated well. Transfer the ingredients to the casserole dish.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Stir every 15-20 minutes during baking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 1042mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
Originally published on May 9, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.