Sausage & Potato Bake is an easy and economical meal that can easily be changed to accommodate any family size. It’s so good too!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Sausage & Potato Bake
This is one of my go-to meals when I need something without a lot of fuss. It’s economical and can easily be adjusted to feed numerous people. Sometimes, I like to add different seasonings. This particular version is a very basic recipe. Feel free to add a red bell pepper …. or some carrots! Served with a side salad and a roll, this makes a satisfying meal! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound rope sausage, cut into 2-inch sections
- 5 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix, making sure everything is evenly well. Transfer the ingredients in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Stir every 15-20 minutes during baking.
AIR FRYER METHOD
- Set the air fryer temp to 350°F.
- Place the potatoes and onions in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss the potatoes and onions until everything is well coated.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the basket of the air fryer. Set the timer for 10 minutes and cook, shaking the basket once after about 4 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes are up, take out the basket, add the sausage pieces, and continue cooking for 8 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sausage is heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 1042mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
Originally published on May 9, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.