This is one of my go-to meals when I need something without a lot of fuss. It’s economical and can easily be adjusted to feed numerous people. Sometimes, I like to add different seasonings. This is a very basic Sausage & Potato Bake recipe. Feel free to add a red bell pepper …. or some carrots! Served with a side salad and a roll, this makes a satisfying meal! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does!
- 1 lb. rope sausage, cut into 2-in. sections
- 4-6 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 3 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Combine all of the ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal the bag and turn to coat, making sure everything is coated well. Transfer the ingredients to the casserole dish.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Stir every 15-20 minutes during baking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 1042mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g