Perfect for those hectic nights, this family-approved Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Skillet recipe is made in ONE pan – making clean-up a breeze!
Chicken and Rice Skillet
As you may notice, I’m posting more often now that we’re into the new year! It feels good to be back after taking a much-needed break from such a hectic posting schedule for the past four years!
I feel like so much has happened while I was away ….
We took a much-needed family vacation back at the beginning of December – to the Los Angeles and Anaheim area! We had such a nice time, and for the most part, the weather was pretty cooperative – which was so nice! One day, we visited the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, the California Science Center, the Los Angeles Zoo, The Aquarium of the Pacific – and of course, Disneyland!
Although we ate dinner out many nights of our vacation, a few nights we made dinner at the hotel to save time and money. After many long days of checking out the sights, most nights we were more than ready to head back to the hotel!
Having a hotel with a kitchenette was soooo helpful and we’ll definitely do the same thing for our next vacation! Being a family of six, it’s often hard to find restaurants that can accommodate us without having to wait an hour or more for a table – so I like to bring my slow cooker along or plan on simple one-dish meals! Not only is it a time-saver, but in my case, it’s a sanity saver! ? One of the meals we made while in California was this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Skillet.
It was a lifesaver!!
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Skillet recipe
One of the reasons I love this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Skillet is because I usually have all of the ingredients on hand to make this in a jiffy! If I don’t have fresh broccoli on hand, there’s always a bag or two in the freezer! With minimal prep work, it doesn’t take long to get dinner on the table – and I’m only dirtying ONE pan!!
If you would like a creamier mixture, feel free to add one can of condensed cream of chicken soup with the rice and broth. We don’t always do it, but it’s a nice change sometimes!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally stirring, until the chicken is cooked through. Add the onion and garlic. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the onion is softened.
- Add the rice, condensed cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, then lower the temperature to medium-low to maintain a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and stir. Cover and continue to cook an additional 7-8 minutes or until the broccoli is tender-crisp, the rice is soft, and the broth is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.