These Italian Herb Baked Meatballs are the most AMAZING meatballs ever! Bursting with an Italian flavor, they will become your family’s new favorite!
Versatile. I love food that serves a range of purposes. Kind of like meatballs. With recipes ranging from Sweet & Sour to more traditional fare like Meatballs in Tomato Sauce, what’s not to love? They’re the perfect appetizers. And, they just as easily make an easy dinner idea. Serve them on game day or with Christmas dinner. You just can’t go wrong – especially when you have such an awesome meatball recipe in your recipe box!
These Italian Herb Baked Meatballs come from Chad and Donna Elick’s new cookbook, The Simple Kitchen: Quick and Easy Recipes Bursting with Flavor. You may know them from the popular blog, The Slow-Roasted Italian. When I saw these meatballs, I knew I had to make them. Let me tell you guys – these babies don’t even need sauce! I found myself eating them straight from the pan, and I didn’t even feel bad that it meant fewer meatballs for the family!
These Italian Herb Baked Meatballs are my new go-to meatball recipe. We’ll be serving them on Christmas Eve this year in place of our traditional lasagna. I’ve made these meatballs a few times already since getting Chad and Donna’s cookbook and I have learned that I like to double the recipe and freeze half. It’s the same amount of work, but I get two meals out of it.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Italian Herb Baked Meatballs
These Italian Herb Baked Meatballs are the most AMAZING meatballs ever! Bursting with an Italian flavor, they will become your family's new favorite!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Olive oil, for hands
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, breadcrumbs, cheese, onion, milk, herbs, salt, pepper, garlic, and egg using clean hands to gently mix everything until well-blended. Be careful not to overmix or your meatballs will be tough.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, portion out the meatballs and place them on the prepared baking sheet. After you scoop all of the meatballs onto the baking sheet, lightly oil your hands with olive oil to prevent the meatballs from sticking and roll them into balls.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the meatballs are browned and cooked through. You can transfer them to your sauce or enjoy them straight from the pan - no sauce required!
- Use a scoop to make uniform-size meatballs; this way, you handle them less and theu cook evenly.
- Make these ahead and freeze them for quick dinners.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 87mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Beck & Bulow
This was excellent. I made the sauce the day before. For the turkey burgers, I simply mixed the ingredients and then baked it in the oven in one slab (350 degrees 20 min) and then cut them in burger sizes. They were very good.
Thanks for sharing the amazing recipe. I would love to try this.