Dazzle your friends and family with this simple and delicious Holiday Peppermint Cake! It just may become a holiday tradition!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Torani. The opinions and text are all mine.
Okay, I admit it … I’m pretty much over all things pumpkin (let me clarify – except the mandatory pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!) I’m ready to leave pumpkin treats behind and make all things peppermint and gingerbread! Who is with me?!
I love Torani Flavored Syrups to dress up my coffee and other drinks. Have you seen the new Easy Pour Spout?
I decided to take one of my favorite holiday cakes and infuse it with Torani Flavored Syrups! A few years ago, I made this exact cake, but the cake part was just a plain white cake mix … I decided to kick it up a notch with the addition of 1/2 cup of Torani Peppermint Flavored Syrup. I am so glad I did!
This Holiday Peppermint Cake has become a holiday favorite – we look forward to it every year! We really love that extra bit of flavor that comes from the peppermint syrup! Although we love this with white cake, you can mix it up with a chocolate cake. Make it the same way for a chocolate-mint treat your friends and family will love!
This Holiday Peppermint Cake will easily become the star of your holiday meal! People are often surprised when I tell them this starts with a boxed cake mix. I’ve given this recipe out more times than I can count! Be sure to have the recipe on hand because people will ask for it!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the cake
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Torani Peppermint Flavoring Syrup
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candy canes
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans; set aside.
- Place the dry cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add water, vegetable oil, eggs, and Torani Peppermint Syrup. Mix until well combined. Pour into prepared pans
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
For the frosting:
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using 3 tbsp. milk or water.
With an electric mixer, beat the ingredients on medium speed until well combined and fluffy. Only add the additional tablespoon of milk or water if frosting seems too thick.
- Frost cake.
Gently press the crushed candy cane pieces into the side and onto the top of the cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 263mgFiber: 0gSugar: 65gProtein: 3g