This White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is a decadent, but easy, fudge recipe perfect for the Winter season. It also makes a great gift idea!
Growing up, I really don’t remember my mom doing a lot of baking … she made the occasional batch of cookies and maybe a pie or two for the holidays, but I don’t remember her making candies or fudge. Needless to say, any kind of baked treats were a real treat for us since they so rarely happened!
This time of year, our house is filled with all kinds of treats – cookies, truffles, pies, candies and fudge. I am fortunate enough to have several “helpers” to help me make, eat and deliver all of the yummy stuff.
This fudge, y’all …. it’s so easy to put together! If you’re intimidated at all by the sound of making candy or fudge, this one is easy! I promise! You get a little help from instant pudding mix – and if for some reason you can’t find the instant white chocolate pudding, feel free to substitute vanilla. Also, feel free to use whatever holiday sprinkles you have on hand. Personally, I love the Christmas-y feel of the red, white and green sprinkles!
I first shared this recipe at A Night Owl where I was a monthly contributor.
For the crust:
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs about 28 cookies
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
For the filling:
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box 3.56 oz. white chocolate flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 jar 7 oz. marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
For the topping:
- Assorted red white and green sprinkles
- 2-3 coarsely broken candy canes
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and 5 tbsp melted butter. Firmly press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place the white chocolate chips, 2 tbsp butter and sweetened condensed milk in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until the white chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the pudding mix and continue to stir for an additional 1-2 minutes, thoroughly mixing the ingredients. Add the marshmallow creme and peppermint extract. Stir until combined. Remove from the heat and immediately pour the mixture over the prepared crust. Top with colored sprinkles and candy cane pieces. Gently push over the top of the fudge to make sure the sprinkles and candy pieces are adhered to the fudge. Refrigerate a few hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This fudge does not need to be kept refrigerated. Store in a loosely covered container and use within a few days.
You can omit the cookie crust if you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 117mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 23g Protein: 3g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: