This Elvis Trifle with Bacon is a dessert worthy of a king … the King of Rock n Roll that is!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I received bottles of Torani syrup to facilitate this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Elvis Trifle with Bacon
Yes, this dessert is insane. No it is not diet friendly.
We’re taking Elvis’ favorite food and kicking it up three notches – with this Elvis Trifle with Bacon. Elvis was known for his love of peanut butter and banana sandwiches …. and I’m almost sure that if Elvis were alive today, he would not only be on the bacon boat, he would be steering the ship!
So what’s in this trifle you ask?! Banana flavored cake, creamy peanut butter pudding, whipped topping, lots and lots of bananas, and bacon. Of course! I also have a little secret to get that banana cake … Torani syrup! Have you ever used Torani products?! I am addicted to them and I’m almost embarrassed by how many bottles I have! As you can see, they can be used in more things than just drinks – although, Torani does make some pretty great flavors for drinks!
You may remember me mention in my Bacon S’mores post that August is Bacon Month. All month long, I’m getting together with some of my blogger friends to create some pretty awesome bacon recipes! So be sure to read all the way to the end to see the yummy stuff they’re sharing today!
To celebrate Bacon Month, we’ve got a few giveaways going on – be sure to stop by and enter for a chance to win! We’ve got a year supply of Torani, $100 gift card for Lodge Cast Iron, and $125 PayPal cash …. that’s 3 prizes with 3 winners!! Good luck, y’all!!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the cake
- 1 box (15.25 - 18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Torani Creme de Banana Syrup
For the peanut butter pudding
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
You will also need
- 1 tub (16 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8-10 bananas, sliced
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with baking spray.
- Place cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add water, eggs, oil, and Torani syrup. Mix well. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
For the peanut butter pudding:
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, water, pudding mix, and peanut butter until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
To assemble the trifle:
- Cut the cake into cubes. Layer half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl. Top with half of the sliced bananas. Spread half of the peanut butter pudding over the top. Spread half of the whipped topping over the top. Sprinkle with half of the bacon.
- Repeat layers using all of the remaining cake cubes, banana slices, peanut butter pudding, whipped topping, and bacon.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 466mgFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 11g