This Beefy Sour Cream Noodle Bake is pure comfort food! Wide egg noodles and a meaty sauce with a creamy middle layer, all topped with Cheddar cheese!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Beefy Sour Cream Noodle Bake
This is another one of those recipes that I wanted to share last year, but my pictures were really horrible! To be fair, it is kind of difficult to take decent pictures of casseroles – they’re just not pretty. What I can assure you is, this dish is easy and delicious – it’s a dish your family will look forward to time and time again!!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 8 ounce wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 of a green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, brown and crumble the ground beef with green pepper and garlic until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the drained, cooked noodles to the meat sauce. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese and cream cheese until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add the sour cream and green onions. Mix well.
- Layer half of the noodle mixture into the prepared dish. Top with all of the cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly over the top of the noodles. Add the remaining noodle mixture over the top. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 813mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 30g
Originally published on July 16, 2014. Updated on April 30, 2021.