This Italian Beef Patties with Mushrooms, Onions, and Balsamic Cream Sauce recipe takes hamburger patties to another level! Easy and delicious recipe! AD #TasteOfItaly
This past Sunday, I wanted to have a nicer dinner than what we've been having lately. We've had too many nights of "fend for yourself" or whatever I can make from a box. I was kinda in the mood for something different, but not really sure what sounded good. I'll be honest though ... almost everything sounds good when you've been eating poorly.
I was doing my weekly grocery shopping at Fry's Food Store and I kept being drawn to all of the yummy Taste Of Italy selections! Did you see all of the great things they have to choose from?! Really, I wanted to buy one of everything ... but I ended up picking up a few pasta bowls, some little Limonata Sparkling Lemon Beverages (my kids LOVED them!!), San Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water, lots of pesto (because I love it!!), a bottle of olive oil, assorted pastas, a few triangles of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, balsamic vinegar, a few pasta sauces, and olives - of course! Okay, so I bought a lot of stuff!! :D
I decided to use some of the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Parmigiano cheese, and pasta to create this Italian Beef Patties with Mushrooms, Onions, and Balsamic Cream Sauce recipe! It's so good, y'all! My 4-yr old daughter would argue that the mushrooms were poisonous .... but that's just her!
Needless to say, this was a hit with the family! It has such a great combination of flavors ... and that sauce, though!! That sauce!! Balsamic Cream is my new jam, y'all!!
Italian Beef Patties with Mushrooms, Onions, and Balsamic Cream Sauceby
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 12 oz. pappardelle egg pasta
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. Modenese 4 Leaf Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (if desired)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined. Form the mixture into 6 patties.
3. In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and brown patties on both sides. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until juices run clear. Remove patties to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
4. In the same skillet, add the oil and mushrooms. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and onions are softened, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Add heavy cream and balsamic vinegar; cook on low for 2-3 minutes.
6. To serve, top pasta with a hamburger patty and spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Don't forget to pin it!