Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy. I hope you enjoy this comfort dish as much as we do. It is easy to make and our kids absolutely love it!
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
My oldest son loves Salisbury Steak – He asks for it quite regularly. It’s one of those meals that (to me) has assigned side dishes – mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans and biscuits are a must in my book. I hope you enjoy this comfort dish!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz.) cream of mushroom soup, divided***
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish (I used a roasting pan) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of the cream of mushroom soup and onion. From into 8 oval-shaped patties. Place in prepared pan, sprinkle with pepper to taste and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining cream of mushroom soup, with the beef broth in a medium saucepan and heat until hot. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to the soup mixture. Stirring constantly with a wire whisk, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Pour gravy over beef patties. Top with sliced mushrooms.
- Return pan to the oven and continue to bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until beef patties are fully cooked.
- Best served hot with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 607mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g
Originally published on June 16, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.