My oldest son loves Salisbury Steak – He asks for it quite regularly. It’s one of those meals that (to me) has assigned side dishes – mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans and biscuits are a must in my book. I hope you enjoy this comfort dish!
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
I hope you enjoy this comfort dish!
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz.) cream of mushroom soup, divided***
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish (I used a roasting pan) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of the cream of mushroom soup and onion. From into 8 oval-shaped patties. Place in prepared pan, sprinkle with pepper to taste and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining cream of mushroom soup, with the beef broth in a medium saucepan and heat until hot. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to the soup mixture. Stirring constantly with a wire whisk, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Pour gravy over beef patties. Top with sliced mushrooms.
- Return pan to the oven and continue to bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until beef patties are fully cooked.
- Best served hot with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 385kcal Calories from fat 233|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 26g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy!
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved