The temperatures are starting an upward trend here in the Phoenix area. While it may not seem like much, we're forecasted to be in the low 80's next week. Oh, how I've missed the 80's. Warmer daytime temps generally mean warmer night time temps - and if that means no more 30's and 40's - I'm all for it!
When the weather starts warming up - or when I wish it would warm up - I start thinking about all things spring - and lemon is one of the first things that comes to mind! It's kind of hard not to love the bright, citrusy flavor that pretty much reminds you of sunshine and warmer days.
These Lemon Crinkle Cookies are soooooooo easy and they only have 4 ingredients! As a kid, I remember loving chocolate crinkle cookies (and I still love 'em!) - but I think these lemon crinkle cookies are my new fave!
Lemon Crinkle Cookiesby
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 20-30 cookies
- 1 box (15.25 - 18.25 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and thawed whipped topping. (Note: The batter will be thick and sticky.)
3. Using a tablespoon measure, form the dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place 2-inches apart on the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on the pan for 3 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.