The BEST Lemon Bars EVER are a great way to welcome Spring! If the weather’s not cooperating where you are, these bars will surely give your taste buds a tease and get your mind in Spring mode!
Y’all know I like to tinker with recipes, but there are just some recipes I don’t mess with – because they are perfect (in my humble opinion). I can promise you, if you come to my house to eat – the One-Pot Goulash, Chili – Like Wendy’s, Old Fashioned Potato Salad and a few other recipes on this blog will always be the same. Always. As in, they never vary. Ever. The Best Ever Lemon Bars?! They fall into that “never ever change ’em” category.
These lemon bars have the perfect balance of buttery crust with an incredibly delicious lemon filling. They’re not too tart, and they’re not too sweet – just like baby bear’s porridge, it’s just right!!
Although the additional powdered sugar on top is “optional” in the recipe, we all really know it’s not. Look at them – don’t you want some?! Good thing it’s easy to whip up a batch … or three! You just might need that many with how addicting these things are!
For the crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For the filling
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- Additional powdered sugar for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, butter and powdered sugar until well combined. Press into an ungreased 8x8x2-in. or 9x9x2-in. baking pan, building up the edges about half an inch.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Beat the filling ingredients with an electric mixer on HIGH speed for about 3 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy. Pour the mixture over the hot crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until no indentation remains when the center is lightly touched. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into 1½-2-in. bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 46mgFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: