We all have that one thing we just can’t resist – for me, it’s Peanut Butter Cups – preferably, frozen! I married a chocolate chip cookie junkie. I truly believe the Mister would eat chocolate chip cookie dough in just about every imaginable form! He even eats it with raw eggs (blech – I give him “the speech” every time I see him do it). Luckily, these Cookie Dough Truffles have NO RAW EGGS! He doesn’t have to listen to my soapbox raw-egg-eating rant … and neither do you! These are perfect for the summertime, when you really don’t want to turn on the oven – but need a chocolate chip cookie fix … and if you prefer them uncoated – for the cookie dough without the salmonella eggs, they are great that way, too!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 lb. semi-sweet chocolate candy coating, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop level tablespoonfuls and roll into balls; place on the lined baking sheet. Loosely cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Dip balls in coating; place back on the waxed paper lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15-20 minutes.
- Store truffles in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1549Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 151mgFiber: 10gSugar: 171gProtein: 19g