This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Whole Wheat Pizza Crust… the perfect recipe
I shared a fabulous Greek Pizza recipe here on LBGC in the summer… and a bunch of other yummy pizza recipes on my blog a bit later… today I’m sharing my favorite homemade crust recipe. The best part? Its a great better-for-you version… whole wheat pizza crust!
The best part of this crust is that it’s SO fast. Even though it uses yeast, it doesn’t take the time of normal yeast recipes.
Okay… here is what you will need:
We love pepperoni pizza, with a few veggies… but you can top the crust with whatever you want. I just use normal pasta sauce for the tomato sauce, but you can use actual pizza sauce or whatever you want to! Spread you sauce, then toppings, and cheese on top. I like to sprinkle Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese on top before I bake it.
Is there anything better than cheese right out of the oven? YUM!!! This crust can be made thick, or rolled out thin.
I couldn’t even get through the photo shoot with out taking a bit.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 TBS instant yeast
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1 cup white bread flour
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 390 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water. Sit for 10 min.
- Stir in the flour, salt and oil. Mix until smooth... I used my hand and just knead in the bowl, but a stand mixer would do this well! Sit 5 min.
- Roll out, top with your favorite toppings and cheese then bake 15-20 min, or until the top is slightly browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 765Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 724mgFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g