Indulge a little with this insanely delicious Waffle Cherry Brownie Poke Cake! Chocolate cake poked with more chocolate, then topped with whipped topping, cherries, brownies, crumbled waffle cones, and chocolate curls.
Since we’re friends, I think there is something you need to know about me. If you haven’t already guessed, I am a huge poke cake fan! I love all of the fun flavor combos and really, the flavor possibilities are endless!!
That begs the question though … are you a fan of poke cakes and do you know what they are?
For those who do not know, the concept is pretty simple. A baked cake is poked with a bunch of holes and then filled with various ingredients such as pudding, gelatin, cream of coconut, alcohol …. or the sky is the limit!! It’s usually finished off with some sort of whipped topping (although not always), and then more yummy goodies.
In this case, I baked a chocolate fudge cake mix from a box (you can use your favorite homemade cake as long as it’s baked in a 9-in. x 13-in. baking dish), then poked it with chocolate fudge pudding. I topped all of it off with cherry pie filling, whipped topping, brownies, waffle cones, chocolate curls and more cherries! It was like a dream come true, y’all. Soooo good!!
This Waffle Cherry Brownie Poke Cake is insanely delicious! I love taking poke cakes to potlucks or sharing them with friends when we have cookouts or parties because people are always impressed and the poke cakes are usually one of the first desserts gone! You can bet you’ll be bringing home an empty pan!
- 1 box (15.25 oz) chocolate fudge cake mix
- Ingredients listed on cake mix to prepare the cake
- 1 box (3.9 oz.) chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup prepared brownies, chopped into small pieces
- 3 waffle cones, crumbled into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chocolate curls
- 12-18 Maraschino cherries with stems, for garnish
- Bake the cake according to package directions using a 9x13-in. baking pan.
- Mix the instant pudding mix with the 2 cups of milk in a medium bowl. Poke holes in the hot cake with the round end of a wooden spoon and slowly pour the pudding mixture over the cake, trying to fill the holes. Let the cake cool completely.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the top of the cake and spread evenly. Top evenly with whipped topping. Sprinkle the chopped brownies, crumbled waffle cones, and chocolate curls over the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, garnish with Maraschino cherries.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 459mgFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: