This cheesecake has a brownie crust, and is filled with a creamy chocolate cheesecake layer, then topped with a chocolate sweetened whipped cream and a chocolate sauce drizzle! #chocolate #brownie #cheesecake
Brownie Bottom Chocolate Cheesecake
I’m gonna keep this short and sweet today as I am trying to hurry up so I can post this!! Hence only having two pictures!! 🙂 I had this crazy idea about a week or so ago to combine my Basic Brownies and the Chocolate Bliss Cheesecake into one recipe …… and violà, here it is!! Enjoy!!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the brownie layer
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the chocolate cheesecake layer
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (4 oz. each) Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 eggs
For the chocolate sweetened whipped cream layer
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the topping
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
Starting with the brownie layer:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, eggs and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined - do NOT overmix.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 23 minutes.
While the brownie layer is baking, prepare the chocolate cheesecake layer:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add the chocolate and mix well. Scrape down the side of the bowl if necessary. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed just until blended. Pour the mixture over the brownie layer. (The pan will be full!!)
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until the center is almost set. Remove from the oven and carefully run a knife around the edge to loosen it from the pan. Allow cheesecake to cool before removing the rim of the pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
For the chocolate sweetened whipped cream layer:
- In a chilled bowl, beat all of the ingredients with an electric mixer on HIGH speed until stiff. Once the cheesecake is chilled, top with the chocolate sweetened whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Slice and serve!
- Store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.
*Just a side note ... the next time I make this, I may let the brownie layer cool completely before topping with the cheesecake in hopes of having 2 flatter layers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 803Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 384mgFiber: 6gSugar: 53gProtein: 12g
Originally published on May 8, 2014. Updated on April 27, 2021.