This Taco Lasagna is easy enough for a weeknight meal and is a nice change from the regular tacos or burritos.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
If I had to choose a favorite type of ethnic food, I couldn’t do it. My husband would probably tell you his is Italian with Mexican/Latin in second. I personally love it all – as long as it doesn’t have lima beans! 😉 This Taco Lasagna is easy enough for a weeknight meal and is a nice change from the regular tacos or burritos.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 (8-in.) flour tortillas
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 oz.) Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning - bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place 2 tortillas in a greased 13x9x2-in. baking dish. Spread half of the beans on top of the tortillas. Top with half of the beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese. Cover and bake at 350° F. for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 928mgFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g
Originally published on July 26, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.