Skip the hassle, but reap the rewards with this Weeknight Sausage & Zucchini Skillet Lasagna! It’s a super easy dinner idea with all the classic flavor you love! #Saucesome #ad
Weeknight Sausage & Zucchini Skillet Lasagna
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragú®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Work hard, but play harder. That’s just one of many mottos we live by in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house!
A trip to the zoo
After a long week, we had some family in town for the weekend. We decided we all needed some fresh air and wanted to take the kiddos to the Phoenix Zoo before the summer heat really sets in. It’s a great place to just unwind and let our inner kiddo loose! I was telling Brian that I really think we need to just become members so we can get a year pass to that place! We love going to the zoo! Some of our favorite things at the zoo are the giraffes, elephants, and the big cat exhibits! The kids also enjoy the Big Red Barn where they can get up close to some of the animals! Of course, the various monkeys and orangutans are always fun to watch as well!
After walking around the zoo, we headed home. Like many nights, I needed an easy dinner idea. My family loves pasta dishes and any time I ask them for ideas, I can almost guarantee someone will say they want lasagna. Ugh …. Let’s be real, as much as I love lasagna, it’s not exactly the quickest meal to prepare! I would rather save that for a Sunday dinner! My solution? Make a skillet version of the same dish! Quick and easy! Ragú® is by far my favorite jarred sauce, and I usually keep several varieties on hand to help me get dinner on the table quick! Skillet Lasagna for dinner it is ….
With dishes like this Weeknight Sausage & Zucchini Skillet Lasagna, I love that I can easily get my kiddos (or, in this case, my picky husband!) to eat things they might not otherwise eat …. like zucchini! I just chop it up really small and throw it in the pan with the rest of the ingredients! 🙂 Pretty sneaky, eh?! After the trek around the zoo, I could use a #Saucesome dinner – and thankfully, with the help of Ragú®, we had a simple, quick and delicious dinner the entire family loved, as well as our guests!
Ragú® is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family mealtime Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights … it’s all Saucesome with the delicious help of Ragú® Sauce! Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American families love!
Visit Ragu.com for more family favorite recipes. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news, special offers and additional delicious recipe ideas! Visit Ragú® on Pinterest for additional recipes mash-ups and recipe ideas! Ragú® has a delicious taste your whole family will love!
And don’t forget to visit www.ragusweeps.com for a chance to win a variety of Saucesome prizes, including a grand prize of $12,000 towards a Saucesome kitchen makeover!
recipe slightly adapted from Ragu
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage (casings removed, if applicable)
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 box (12 oz. ) bow-tie pasta (aka farfalle)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble the Italian sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Return sausage to skillet. Add the zucchini. Stir in Ragu® Sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Cook covered over medium heat, stirring occasionally to separate pasta until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Top pasta with mozzarella cheese, then top with spoonfuls of ricotta cheese. Continue to simmer covered until cheeses are melted, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 697Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1151mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 31g