Do you ever get mad-crazy cravings …. the kind that just will not go away until it is satisfied? Of course you do.
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2-1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. water
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Add the garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, apple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, ½ cup water and soy sauce to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until well mixed and the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the cornstarch with the 1 tbsp. water and add the slurry to the skillet. Turn the heat to high and continue to cook and stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve with Fried Rice (omit the chicken in the fried rice recipe) and an egg roll for an easy and tasty meal!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 952mgFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 53g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Featured at High Heels and Grills
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved