Now you can recreate your favorite Chinese Buffet Green Beans at home! These beans are sweet, garlicky and utterly delicious! Easy to make!
Chinese Buffet Green Beans
Lately, I have been craving Asian food like something fierce. So much so, that I swear I have had dreams about it! It’s not very economical for us to do take-out … especially since we live out in the middle of the desert. Literally in the middle of the desert … it’s a 30 minute trip to anything that resembles civilization. Peace and quiet comes with a price – and that’s ok when I can make our favorite take-out meals at home!
When we lived in North Carolina, we had a Chinese buffet that we went to about once a month. It was just around the corner from our house and so convenient. I loved their green beans – no other place I’ve ever been to makes them as good as they did! Some days, I really miss that place. I’m also a big fan of pot stickers …… I mean, who needs anything else if you have those yummy buffet green beans and pot stickers?!
Back to the green beans … my kids love these green beans and Gabriel tells me they’re his favorite vegetable. I usually have to double this recipe for my family because my kids actually fight over the seconds! That says something! They’re that good! 🙂 I hope your family enjoys these Chinese Buffet Green Beans as much as mine does!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant Steamers Whole Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- Microwave the green beans for half of the time stated on the package.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the minced garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 20 -30 seconds. Add the green beans to the pan; cook and stir until the green beans begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Continue cooking and stirring for several minutes until the beans have attained the desired degree of tenderness and the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve immediately.
You can substitute fresh green beans in season. Blanch them in place of step one before proceeding with the recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 397mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g