After tasting this Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce, you may never buy the stuff at the store again! This sauce is the perfect balance of smoky, zesty and sweet! Great on pork, chicken or beef!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce
Is there a condiment that your family just loves ….. something they use on everything? For my family, it’s BBQ Sauce, hands down. Not only do we use it for typical BBQ fare, but we use it as a dip for fries, in salad dressings, on eggs, as a pizza sauce ….. pretty much anything that is not dessert is fair game.
Although we have our favorite store bought BBQ Sauce, nothing compares to the taste of homemade. And y’all, you have no excuse not to make some because it is sooooo easy!! Trust me, you will want to make this because on Friday I am sharing a recipe that uses this Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce. I’ll be sharing a copycat version of Red Robin’s Whiskey River BBQ Burger! Talk about major yum factor!! Since its summer, you really should treat yourself to an amazing burger …. don’t ya think?! This sauce is best if it has time to chill out for about 12-24 hours – so plan ahead!
We love this Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce on just about anything! Chicken, ribs, burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, as a dipping sauce for fries …. What do you love to put BBQ sauce on?
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Bring the onion, garlic and whiskey to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Lower heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes. Use BBQ sauce in your favorite recipes or as a dip or topping ingredient.
- Store in refrigerator and use within 10-14 days.
If you prefer a smooth sauce, run the sauce through a sieve or strainer to remove onion and garlic bits.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 749Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2826mgFiber: 3gSugar: 114gProtein: 5g