These Spicy Roasted Chickpeas are a healthy snack idea and the recipe only requires a few pantry staples. A delicious, high-protein snack.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
I try to keep healthy-ish snacks on hand for my family. We always have lots of fruit and veggies, cheese sticks, yogurt, popcorn, raisins … and stuff like that. We also have a few things that are borderline in my opinion … applesauce cups, meat sticks, and cereal bars. And if I’m completely honest we have stuff like animal crackers and pudding cups.
The other day, I thought it would be a brilliant idea to clean out my pantry. I had so much stuff in there, things were getting lost. I decided to keep what I knew I would use in the next few weeks and donate everything else to our local outreach.
You guys, I found about 15 cans of chickpeas! Aka, garbanzo beans! That’s a whole lot of beans!
I set a few cans aside to make hummus next week and I saved a few cans to make these Spicy Roasted Chickpeas for snacks throughout the week – and donated the rest.
These Spicy Roasted Chickpeas are so easy, delicious, and full of protein! In addition to the chickpeas, you will just need a little oil and a few common spices to make this quick snack.
Things You’ll Need:
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- Cheddar Cheese Bites
- Sweet & Salty Trail Mix
- Roast Beef with Horseradish Cream Cheese Snack Crackers
- Bacon Bombs
- Crispy Chicken Snack Wraps
Don’t forget to pin it!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15 oz.) can, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pat the chickpeas dry between two paper towels and remove any loose skins.
- Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss to coat.
- Pour the chickpeas on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring the chickpeas at the 15-minute mark.
Experiment with other seasonings for a new flavor!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 111mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 5g