Welcome back to
Friday of the month I, Sandra from A Dash of Sanity, will be sharing one of my
favorite recipes with the friends and followers of Love Bakes Good Cakes.
Roasted Pepper Southwestern Pasta Salad
Enjoy this from our picnic table to yours.
- 1 lb. Ditalini pasta or other small shelled pasta
- 1 poblano pepper
- 10 small red & orange variety sweet bell peppers or 1 large red bell pepper & 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1/2-1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, cooked and corn kernels removed from ear
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- Prepare noodles following package directions. Cool noodles and set aside.
- Roast peppers, preheat broiler to high. With the oven door ajar to allow steam to escape, broil the poblano and red & orange peppers until charred. I like to turn every few minutes, so that they char on each side.
- Place peppers in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Peel, seed and then, roughly chop. Let the peppers cool, then proceed with the recipe. You don’t not want to add hot peppers to the sour cream mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl add and stir together sour cream, mayo, chili powder, cumin, chopped roasted peppers, green onion and cilantro,
to taste. Set aside.
- Once the noodles have cooled add the sour cream mixture,
stir together to combine, add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set in the
fridge until ready to serve.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 351kcal Calories from fat 53|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
is the most amazing pasta salad ever! Win!
Like what you see here? Check out my blog A Dash of Sanity
Here are some of my most recent recipes: