I shared this a few weeks ago over at Nap-Time Creations and I wanted to share it here in case anyone missed it or didn’t have a chance to go visit Emily.
For the pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2-2 cups milk
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp. or 1/2 stick) butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the pancake ingredients, starting with the lesser amount of milk. Add more milk if necessary - you want it the consistency of regular pancake batter.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Add the powdered sugar and 2 tbsp. of milk; mix until well combined. Add the additional tablespoon of milk if it is needed to thin the frosting out.
- Pour pancake batter by ¼-cupfuls onto the preheated griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for an additional minute or until cooked through.
- Serve with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 675mgFiber: 1gSugar: 62gProtein: 8g
I hope you enjoy!
Featured at Family Home and Life
Don’t forget to like, share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved