Celebrate Fall with this easy to make and utterly delicious, Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies recipe! Perfect for Fall snacking or tailgating parties! #fall #muddybuddies #puppychow #snacks
Are you dreaming of all things pumpkin yet? Just me? 🙂 If you have been around here any length of time, you know that I am obsessed with all things pumpkin. Fall is by far my favorite season when it comes to food … isn’t it everyone’s?!
I picked up some Pumpkin Spice flavored Wilton Candy melts awhile back and really had no idea what to do with them. As I was doing my weekly grocery shopping over the weekend, it dawned on me – Muddy Buddies!! I haven’t made them in ages – and I loved the idea of making them pumpkin flavored! Some of y’all might call these “puppy chow” – I’ve heard both terms used. No matter what you call them, they are delicious! This Fall version – Pumpkin Spice Muddy buddies – is easy to make and is utterly delicious! It’s the perfect way to snack this season! 🙂
Side note: If you’re looking for a homemade pumpkin butter, my bloggy friend Deb, over at Cooking on the Front Burner has an awesome one! Click HERE to see Deb’s Pumpkin Butter recipe!
- 8 cups Chex cereal
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Wilton Pumpkin Spice candy melts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter
- 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup spice cake mix, dry
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Place the Chex cereal in a large bowl that has a lid or a large paper grocery bag. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry cake mix and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the pumpkin spice candy melts, butter and pumpkin butter until smooth. Stir constantly.
- Working quickly, pour the candy melts mixture over the cereal. Shake or stir until thoroughly combined and the cereal is mostly covered.
- Immediately pour the dry cake mix mixture over the top and shake until the cereal is well coated.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 362mgFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: