This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Pop the new Minions movie into the Blu-Ray/DVD player and grab a bowl of this Banana Berry Minions Muddy Buddies! The kids will love munching on this fun snack mix while enjoying the Minions movie! #MinionsMovieNight #ad
Who else is excited for the Minions Blu-Ray/DVD Release?! You may be familiar with Illumination Entertainment – they are the animation film production that is a subsidiary of Universal Studios and they are the company that created the Despicable Me franchise! If your family is anything like my family, you fell in love with the adorable minions in the very first movie!
We are so excited that the minions have their very own movie – as a matter of fact, we’ve already started planning for a Minions movie night!! This Banana Berry Minions Muddy Buddies will be one of our treats – and since we’ve already finished off this batch, we need to get cracking on the next batch – the Minions movie will be at Target tomorrow!!
We didn’t get the chance to get to the movie theater to see Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. Since we missed it in the theater, my family is super excited for the Blu-Ray/DVD at Target on December 8th! (That’s tomorrow!!) Did you know that Target is the perfect one-stop-shop for all of your movie night needs?!
We pre-ordered Minions at Target online – and we were able to get a $5 gift card with our pre-order! For me, it was so easy to pre-order the movie online and it will be so easy to be able to pick it up in the store! The Minions Metalpak Blu-Ray/DVD (available exclusively at Target!), includes 40 minutes of Target exclusive content! You’ll find great party ideas – like goody bags and banners … along with fun recipes and games! Not to mention, a few arts and crafts ideas!
I don’t know about your house, but in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house, we love having fun and yummy treats for movie night! We usually order pizza out or make our favorite homemade version – and we always have plenty of snacks! Since we are so excited about the release of Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie, I knew I needed to create a recipe that my little ones would love! Without even telling them what I was making, they were able to quickly figure it out – and they were eager to try out a handful (or two!!).
For more Minions Fun, join our Minions Viewing Twitter Party on December 11th from 7-9pm EST! RSVP at www.SoFabChats.com and follow along with the #MinionsMovieNight on Twitter. I hope to see you there!
Banana Berry Minions Muddy Buddies
The kids will love munching on this fun snack mix while enjoying the Minions movie!
- 1 box (12 oz.) oven toasted corn cereal
- 1 bag (12-16 oz.) yellow candy melts
- 1 bag (12-16 oz.) blue candy melts
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) banana cream instant pudding mix
- 1 box (3 oz.) berry blue gelatin dessert mix
- 2 cups Market Pantry powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup yellow chocolate candies (Sixlets or M&M's)
- 1/2 cup blue chocolate candies (Sixlets or M&M's)
- 2 pkg. (0.88-1.0 oz. each) candy eyeballs
- Divide the cereal between two large bowls. Each bowl will need about 4-5 cups cereal. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Melt and stir the yellow candy melts with 4 tbsp. butter according to package directions until the mixture is smooth. Immediately pour the mixture over one bowl of the cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Place the banana cream instant pudding mix and 1 cup of powdered sugar in a zip-top bag. Add the coated cereal to the bag. Seal the bag and shake until well coated. Spread on prepared waxed paper to cool.
- Melt and stir the blue candy melts with 4 tbsp. butter according to package directions until the mixture is smooth. Immediately pour the mixture over one bowl of the cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Place the berry blue gelatin dessert mix and 1 cup of powdered sugar in a zip-top bag. Add the coated cereal to the bag. Seal the bag and shake until well coated. Spread on prepared waxed paper to cool.
- Once the cereal has cooled, gently combine the cereal, the yellow and blue chocolate candies and the candy eyeballs.
Store in a covered container.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 795kcal Calories from fat 326|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 36g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||110%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Don’t forget to PIN IT!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: