Create sweet memories with Polar Bear Paw Cookies! Easy recipe with chocolate cake mix, frosty paws, and M&M toes. Perfect for winter baking fun!
Table of contents
- Unleash Holiday Magic with Unique Polar Bear Paw Christmas Cookies
- Polar Bear Paws Cookies: Ingredients & Equipment
- How to make Polar Bear Paws Cookies
- Polar Bear Paws Cookies: FAQs
- Other recipes you may enjoy
Unleash Holiday Magic with Unique Polar Bear Paw Christmas Cookies
As the festive season approaches, it’s time to dive into the world of unique Christmas cookies and explore delightful decorating ideas that will make your holiday treats truly unique.
One standout choice that combines cuteness and creativity is the Polar Bear Paw Cookies. These adorable treats not only taste heavenly but also make for a charming gift or centerpiece for your Christmas gatherings.
The Art of Christmas Cookies Decorating Ideas
Decorated Christmas cookies are a cherished tradition during the holiday season, and Polar Bear Paw Cookies are a delightful addition to your repertoire. With their distinctive polar bear design, they bring a touch of winter wonderland to your dessert table. The fluffy frosting, white sanding sugar, and cute brown M&M toes create a whimsical appearance that’s sure to captivate both kids and adults alike.
The Perfect Christmas Cookies Gift
Looking for a unique Christmas cookies gift? Polar Bear Paw Cookies are an excellent choice.
Wrap them up in a festive box or tin, tie a ribbon, and you have a heartfelt present that shows you care. Whether you’re gifting them to friends, family, or co-workers, these cookies are a sweet way to spread holiday cheer.
Why Polar Bear Paw Cookies are Unique
What sets Polar Bear Paw Cookies apart from traditional Christmas cookies is their imaginative design. These cookies resemble the paws of a cuddly polar bear, making them an instant conversation starter at any gathering. The combination of chocolatey goodness and adorable aesthetics makes them an unforgettable addition to your holiday spread.
If you’re on the hunt for Christmas cookies that are not only delicious but also uniquely decorated, Polar Bear Paw Cookies are the answer.
These charming treats are a delightful way to celebrate the season, whether you’re enjoying them at home or sharing them as gifts. Embrace the magic of the holidays with this one-of-a-kind, unique Christmas cookies creation.
Polar Bear Paws Cookies: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Polar Bear Paws Cookies, you will need …
- chocolate cake mix – Use your favorite chocolate cake mix for these cookies. I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate.
- canola or vegetable oil
- large eggs
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- milk – any kind.
- white sanding sugar – You can use sweetened shredded coconut to create the fur of these cookies instead of the white sanding sugar.
- snack-size peppermint patties
- brown M&Ms – Brown Reese’s Pieces or Junior Mints can be used to create the toes instead of the M&Ms. Please note that Reese’s pieces are slightly smaller than M&Ms, and the Junior Mints are larger, so the look will be different if you use either of these.
- two baking sheets lined with parchment paper
- two large mixing bowls
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- rubber spatula
- medium cookie scoop
- wire cooling rack
- small plate
How to make Polar Bear Paws Cookies
For the cookies
Preheat oven and prepare baking sheets. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Make cookie dough. In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate cake mix, canola oil, and eggs until well combined.
Scoop cookie dough. Use a medium cookie scoop to place scoops of the cookie dough on the baking sheets, leaving at least two inches of space between them.
Bake. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set.
Cool. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
For the Frosting
Beat butter. In a large bowl, beat the room-temperature butter until it becomes light and fluffy.
Add ingredients and beat. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat until well combined.
Beat in milk. Gradually add milk (½ tablespoon at a time) until you achieve the desired frosting consistency. It should be easy to spread onto the cookies but firm enough not to slide off.
Frost cookies. Frost each cookie generously with the prepared frosting.
Top with sanding sugar. Place the white sanding sugar on a small plate and gently press the frosted side of the cookie into it to create an even coating.
Attach peppermint patty. Apply a small amount of frosting to the bottom of a peppermint patty and attach it to the lower third of the cookie to create the pad of the bear’s foot.
Add M&M’s. Gently press four brown M&Ms above the peppermint pattie to create the bear’s toes.
Allow to set before serving. Allow the frosting to set for 15-30 minutes before serving.
Polar Bear Paws Cookies: FAQs
Absolutely! While the recipe suggests using a chocolate cake mix, you can get creative with different flavors to suit your taste. Just keep in mind that the color and taste of the cookies may vary based on the cake mix you choose.
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, Polar Bear Paw Cookies can stay fresh for 2-3 days. If refrigerated, they can last up to five days. However, note that the M&M toes may lose their sheen if stored in the fridge.
It’s recommended to allow the frosting to set completely before stacking the cookies. If you need to stack them, consider placing parchment or wax paper between the layers to prevent any damage to the decorations.
Absolutely! While Polar Bear Paw Cookies have a festive look, they can be enjoyed at any time of the year. You can customize the decorations to suit different themes or events, making them a versatile treat for various occasions.
Yes, you can prepare Polar Bear Paw Cookies in advance. Store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness. However, it’s best to frost and decorate them closer to the event to ensure the decorations remain vibrant.
Freezing can be an option if you want to prepare these cookies well in advance. Place them in an airtight container or freeze them individually wrapped. Thaw them at room temperature before serving, and you can even add fresh decorations if needed.
Polar Bear Paw Cookies are perfect for winter-themed events, holiday gatherings, and children’s parties. However, you can adapt the decorations to fit various occasions, such as winter birthdays, baby showers, or even as a fun treat for a winter movie night.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup white sanding sugar
- 16 snack-size peppermint patties
- 64 brown M&Ms
For the Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate cake mix, canola oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to place scoops of the cookie dough on the baking sheets, leaving at least two inches of space between them.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
For the Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat the room-temperature butter until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat until well combined.
- Gradually add milk (1/2 tablespoon at a time) until you achieve the desired frosting consistency. It should be easy to spread onto the cookies but firm enough not to slide off.
- Frost each cookie generously with the prepared frosting.
- Place the white sanding sugar on a small plate and gently press the frosted side of the cookie into it to create an even coating.
- Apply a small amount of frosting to the bottom of a peppermint pattie and attach it to the lower third of the cookie to create the pad of the bear's foot.
- Gently press four brown M&Ms above the peppermint pattie to create the bear's toes.
- Allow the frosting to set for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to five days. Keep in mind that storing them in the fridge may affect the appearance of the M&M toes.
- Let the frosting set completely before stacking the cookies. Consider placing parchment or wax paper between layers if you need to stack them.
- You can use sweetened shredded coconut instead of white sanding sugar for the fur.
- If you prefer, you can use brown Reese's Pieces or Junior Mints for the toes, but note that their sizes differ from M&Ms, affecting the look of the cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Licorice Black
Silicone Pot Holder Trivet Mats - Hot Pads Spoon Rest, Multipurpose Trivet for Hot Dishers Heat Resistant Food Grade Silicone Set of 4
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Medium Cookie Scoop
Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet (150 Sq. Ft Total)
15-Inch Nonstick Baking Sheet
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
KitchenAid Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case
Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1398Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 208gFiber: 6gSugar: 178gProtein: 11g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.